Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Download for MA2 Stuck at 99%

Piper J3

Reactions
Using DJI Assistant 2 on MacBook to do firmware updates

Successfully updated controller to V02.00.1101

MA2 is currently on V01.00.0340

Tried several times to download V01.00.0460 hard-wired to MA2 and keeps getting stuck at 99%. Download never finishes and so never uploads the new firmware to the MA2. Battery on MA2 is fully charged.

Any suggestions?

Swap batteries...reboot/reconnect...and try again.

Tried new battery, even rebooted MacBook. Same problem - stuck at 99%.

No Joy - That's what she said...

Last edited:
Is there a direct-dial phone # for DJI support in USA?
7 Ways to Contact DJI Customer Support - DJI Guides

You really don't expect to talk to a "real" representative on Saturday...do you? Have you tried to disconnect the aircraft once update starts to download and let it finish that way, then connect to apply update? Have you tried to update via controller OTA skip the Asst.2 way? Oh BTW is your Asst. 2 current?

I don’t know about anyone else but I have always been able to download the latest firmware just through the controller as long as the drone was also powered up and of course you had wifi/internet connection.

I emailed DJI support and explained steps I have taken. I suspect they will get back to me with some sort of resolution. I'll post here soonest...

Hello Piper J3:

I had some trouble completing the recent flurry of updates. Some didn’t even appear available through DJ Assistant 2, etc.

Mine sorted out when I did the updates through the controller with drone on, WiFi etc. I think that some of the updates were actually for the controller and didn’t really change anything on the drone itself. In your situation I’d first make sure my DJI Fly app was updated, then link controller to phone (or tablet) then turn on drone, then attempt update through the DJI Fly app - at least that’s what worked for me.

I was initially biased to performing updates through the DJI Assistant 2 because of a failed attempt through the DJI Fly app during the summer, but these latest updates behaved differently for me.

Howard

Success! I tried wirelessly thru the controller and it worked first time. I thought wired connection to PC would be faster, but this works effortlessly and fast.

Thanks...

When this happens there are several things you can try.
You might not have to try them all.

Restart the drone and try again.

Remove and reinstall your go 4 app and Assistant 2 on your PC.

Removed the SD card and carry out a full format exFAT. Format the card again in the go 4 app.

In the go 4 app click on me button right. Then click on the settings cog wheel top right. Go to clear cache and then clear the firmware cache.

Now when you try to update (best done using Assistant 2) a fresh version of the firmware will be downloaded.

I cannot think of anything else except try with different cables and SD card.

Success! I tried wirelessly thru the controller and it worked first time. I thought wired connection to PC would be faster, but this works effortlessly and fast.

Thanks...
DJI, It's half a dozen or 6 of the other, congrats :) p.s. I suggested that...so I get credit :p BUT! general rule of thumb is the Asst. 2 version generally works better and faster for most....Possible DJI Server errors/maintenance during your tries. Fly Safe and Enjoy.

Thanks...

Knock on wood as I have had success with the WiFi updates as well since 2017 with the Spark.

I think I have the assistant installed on my PC but never used it.. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: hiflyer201
Wondering if you check the version..it could show that it's actually downloaded...,maybe...just guessing..

Time has moved on and Assistant 2 is now superseded by "Assistant 2 for Mavic" so uninstall "Assistant 2" and install "Assistant 2 for Mavic"

Glad you got it loaded. I prefer the direct to drone method.
The new download is supposed to allow focus track at 60 fps but I did a fast check with spotlight and it wouldn't allow it at that framerate??
There are several flight advisory popups. I didn't see one involving bottle to throttle, but all the rest of the usual suspects were noted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa