DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Drone

slong1958

Reactions
Hi
My son in law gave me a Mavic pro and I’ve been flying it using my iPhone but I’d like to use my iPad to have a bigger screen. Can someone tell me what I need to get and from where.
Thanks

You'd need an iPad Mount (look up MavMounts, I've used them for years). Then you'll need to appropriate cord going from your controller to your phone. You'll also need to download the DJI Go app that is designed or that model of aircraft.

Hi
My son in law gave me a Mavic pro and I’ve been flying it using my iPhone but I’d like to use my iPad to have a bigger screen. Can someone tell me what I need to get and from where.
Thanks
I have a Mavic 2 Pro and have been using my iPad Pro to fly it for 5 years (yes my iPad is that old). Like you, I wanted a bigger screen. I bought a MavMount. Then got the correct cable from Amazon. Hopefully you got all the original cables as DJI includes just about anything you may need. However, the included cables are not long enough to reach from the controller to the iPad.

mavic pro the grandpa of mavics is still a sound vessel and has great video and photo ability and with litchi missions they can go as far as the battery will carry it far enough to get you in trouble oh yea I guess I have the only 8 in e tab in the country that works well with mavic spark, inspire 1 mavic pro 2 in or out of the sun

Because of the way in which you were introduced to this world, you may not know about this;TRUST.
Don’t get caught in the NAS without it. Good luck, have fun, learn and grow.

Hi
Thanks
I purchased the following from Amazon and it works great:
Hanatora 4.7-12.9 Inch Tablet Holder Mount for DJI Mavic Mini,Mini SE,Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom,Mavic Air,Spark,Mavic Pro/Platinum Remote Controller, Aluminum Phone Accessories
Good luck!

Because of the way in which you were introduced to this world, you may not know about this;TRUST.
Don’t get caught in the NAS without it. Good luck, have fun, learn and grow.
PHZ I will definitely look into this. I’m sorry but what is NAS please excuse my ignorance.
PHZ I’m only flying at my home which is in the country and I’m not flying it out of sight.

PHZ I will definitely look into this. I’m sorry but what is NAS please excuse my ignorance.
PHZ I’m only flying at my home which is in the country and I’m not flying it out of sight.
NAS - National Airspace System - This is ANY air from the tips of the GRASS until it becomes "SPACE". Even if you're only flying in your front yard you are governed by the FAA and their UAS Regulations. It's not optional :)

Take the TRUST and you'll be good to go for now.

Going clear out into left field, I suggest that to use an iPad with your drone, you acquire an Apple Lightning to USB cable measuring at least 3 feet in length, such that your iPad can be placed on the floor of an open shoulder bag with the sling around the operator's shoulder. The shoulder bag serves as a superb glare shield for your iPad screen on sunny days, and with the iPad's weight supported by the bag's strap and not by your hands holding the controller, arm fatigue is not an issue during longer flights.

I have used this method for years, and while my intently peering into an open shoulder-bag may raise eyebrows in public places, I usually fly my drone from my front yard, where I can look as unconventional as I please.

Hi
My son in law gave me a Mavic pro and I’ve been flying it using my iPhone, but I’d like to use my iPad to have a bigger screen. Can someone tell me what I need to get and from where.
Thanks
Hello, I use my iPhone 13 pro or the iPad Mini. Both work amazingly well. I' have debated getting a DJI controller, but why bother when the iPhone and iPad work just fine.

Tom

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks