DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight impressions

Eagle Eye 62

Reactions
So after having my M3P for a week now and not being able to fly it due to rain every day, I finally got my bird in the sky. I thought I would share my impressions from my first flight.

Things I like:

The size, this bird is so tiny and light with all of the higher end tech, it really is an amazing feat of engineering.
This thing is so quiet. I was amazed how I could fly so close to people in a park and they had no idea I was there.
The handling is excellent. I was flying on a day with winds gusting to around 10 MPH and the M3P handled it with no problems at all.
I had decent range although I did notice the signal was pretty sensitive to the direction the controller is pointing, meaning it should always be pointing at the aircraft for best signal.
I was able to boot up and grab 18 satellites in less than 30 seconds.
The smart controller is so much lighter than the RCPro.
The image quality is excellent and on par or better than the Air2S
Vertical shooting mode and extra vertical cameral tilt is a nice creative option that I will definitely make use of.
Battery life is good even on standard battery.

Things I don't like or could be improved:

No active track or spotlight in 4K 60FPS. Not sure if it is a processor thing or just not in the firmware, but I do miss that.
Smart controller is not very bright (I know many folks have already commented on this but I wanted to chime in as well)
I wish it had HLG option.

Those are just my first things I noticed, I sure I will have more as I get to know it better. I feel DJI did a great job of making a small and light UAS with pro features. I have to say, I would take this over an Air2S any day.

Have fun flying your bird.
I share your experiences too, especially the silentness and how they crammed up everything below 250 g.

PS: The Controller with screen is simply called RC, the SC (Smart Controller) was the older one that came with the M2P (not initially, but later) and was replaced by the RC Pro. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
its good to see that others experiences with the new Mini 3 pro and RC, are very similar to my own

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007