DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight - Newbie Questions

ddodell

Reactions
  1. Took other suggestions, and took my goggles to the optometry school next store to work ( I work at a university) ... and after a bunch of testing got a +4 readers ... went flying with the googles for the first time today, and while the "text" is sharp, notice that the image of the view seems less sharp .. can make buildings etc out clearly, but they don't seem to be as sharp. Maybe just the technology or my poor eyes. I've have order the Focus Fixers, in the hope that the lens actually mounted will sharpen up a little ... or should I'd be going for a +5 reader?

2. I noticed that the settings of distance etc are metric. Couldn't find anyway to change to imperial ... I have my DJI App set to "feet" ... would love to have the goggles in "feet" too so I'm not having to do fast rough conversions in my head.

3. Had one video disconnect with it about 500 feet away ... a little disconcerting, before I had a chance to flip up the headset, it reconnected. I was connected at 720 instead of HD ... is this "normal?"

4. Kinda cool that while moving it prompted me to go into aircraft mode ... did that smoothly and neat flying around with that ... felt like I was in Disneyland at the "Soaring over California" ride.

Thanks for all of the advice and comments in advance.

I'm able to answer #2 myself ... found that the menu for metric/imperial is buried under the reset all menu ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato