DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 First flight with Mavic 3 - Godrevy Lighthouse

really good video of an impressive area

I must be a real coward because there's no way, with any new drone, I'd take a first flight over water. I might need a dozen flights before I'd have enough confidence in the drone, and my proficiency with it, to risk flying over the ocean

Reactions: Chris Baish
really good video of an impressive area

I must be a real coward because there's no way, with any new drone, I'd take a first flight over water. I might need a dozen flights before I'd have enough confidence in the drone, and my proficiency with it, to risk flying over the ocean
I know what you mean! I think I've got used to it now though as every flight I do now is over the sea. I figure if it's going to fall out of the sky from 300ft it probably won't be much good regardless of whether it smashes onto a hundred tiny pieces or plops into the water 😂

Hellavu maiden flight! I'll bet the lighthouse keeper is anxious for drone delivery ;-) Nice job, very beautiful.

I figure if it's going to fall out of the sky from 300ft it probably won't be much good regardless of whether it smashes onto a hundred tiny pieces or plops into the water
Exactly. And drones rarely "fall from the sky" unless a motor stops or a propeller falls off. I never understood why people are more afraid of flying over water than over land.
Very nice video! We can see you have flown a lot before.

Exactly. And drones rarely "fall from the sky" unless a motor stops or a propeller falls off. I never understood why people are more afraid of flying over water than over land.
Very nice video! We can see you have flown a lot before.
for one thing you have a chance to recover a drone, or what's left of it, when flying over land. No chance when it's out over the ocean. So if you have care refresh and can send in a broken drone, you save about $600 over the 'flyaway' replacement cost

of course, I've probably taken over 200 flights and never had a drone fall out of the sky. I'm just afraid of Murphy's law

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman