DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight

flightmike

Reactions
Got my MP Wednesday night and have been too busy to fly. Plus it's been raining and windy here in the mid-west USA. So I took the time to re-read all, watch more YouTube and get calibrated and set up.

Today suns out and wind died down so perfect time.

Have 37 acres of fields and trees next to me and had some fun. Got a couple wind warnings but over all very impressed!!! Kept it in the fields and no more than 100 meters and all went well.

On latest firmware and only issue was precision landing said too rough to land. Need a bigger landing pad than a car mat. Filled up an sd card with so so video. Need to put filters on and try some settings. Just had on auto till I get used to flying.

So much easer than my $100 quads. I think I'm in love!!!

Got my MP Wednesday night and have been too busy to fly. Plus it's been raining and windy here in the mid-west USA. So I took the time to re-read all, watch more YouTube and get calibrated and set up.

Today suns out and wind died down so perfect time.

Have 37 acres of fields and trees next to me and had some fun. Got a couple wind warnings but over all very impressed!!! Kept it in the fields and no more than 100 meters and all went well.

On latest firmware and only issue was precision landing said too rough to land. Need a bigger landing pad than a car mat. Filled up an sd card with so so video. Need to put filters on and try some settings. Just had on auto till I get used to flying.

So much easer than my $100 quads. I think I'm in love!!!
Howdy flightmike, glad your first flights went well, I crashed on my first two.

If you're looking for something relatively inexpensive and easy to move around to act as a landing pad I suggest using one of those foam rubber floor tiles. I painted the smooth side with a big X and it basically goes everywhere that my drone and I go. The one I use is about 24 x 24 so not too large but big enough for precision landing. The original purpose was to have a padded surface to put our four month on to let him roll around on the ground but these things have really come in handy around the house. Landing pad, baby pad, knee pads...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 3.41.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 3.41.50 AM.png
    387 KB · Views: 17
Howdy flightmike, glad your first flights went well, I crashed on my first two.

I know what you mean. I have gone through 3 $100 quads. Completely lost the first one. Second one in a 100 foot tree (60 mph wind blew it out the other day) and third retrieved from a tree. Been through three pc boards and half a dozen motors. But sure had fun learning.
The MP is so much easier to fly. I just need to work on video settings and more practice.
Thanks

If you're looking for something relatively inexpensive and easy to move around to act as a landing pad I suggest using one of those foam rubber floor tiles. I painted the smooth side with a big X and it basically goes everywhere that my drone and I go. The one I use is about 24 x 24 so not too large but big enough for precision landing. The original purpose was to have a padded surface to put our four month on to let him roll around on the ground but these things have really come in handy around the house. Landing pad, baby pad, knee pads..

a2591b4f4ee441cf0bc0f2a0a3483e91.jpg

I threw this quarter inch 2' x 2' board together with black duct tape X and square. I can walk out my yard to fly so doesn't need to be portable but will need something when I do travel and this I a good idea. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2852.JPG
    IMG_2852.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123