DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First impressions after a few weeks.

Gimbal roll. Quite often if you take off on a not level surface or if its a strong wind you end up with a slightly slanted horizon.
Go4 has a simple adjust gimbal roll in the menu to adjust this in flight. Fly app seems to not have (and as a result some of my horizons are off).

Also cant see how or where you'd change the battery inactive discharge time - i assume you can't.

Most of my frustrations aren't with the hardware - its the seemingly very dumbed down Fly app.
I’ve found when in flight with a crooked gimbal I press C1 for gimbal straight down & then press again to re-centre the gimbal & it is then nicely re-aligned with the horizon.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Is there no way to set the audible battery warning in Fly software?

Appears not. I cant see any way of customising the low battery threshold.

Reactions: KS-6
Appears not. I cant see any way of customising the low battery threshold.

On the next update, I will take that and the ability to assign shutter speed to the adjustment wheels.

Have to commit to most of your observations.
A mighty fine bird but still could be improved with some better software (DJI Fly is sometimes a real pain).

I only do stills and however share your thought that the 48 MP introduces some kind of strange colour artefacts from time to time (can be resolved by applying some colour noise reduction for me), but I cannot say, they lack of sharpness. They reveal a lot more detail than their 12 MP counterpart for sure.

Panoramas should really be upgraded to fully use the gimbals capacity (and be it with a special selector for an advanced mode) and also shoot AEB with it. It's always a pain if you have a huge dynamic range when the sun is still very bright and in your pictures.

Another observation: flew the bird at the English South coast, definitely had to struggle in the gusts often refusing to complete the panorama. Never had this with the M2P which most likely come down to the 4 x heavier mass, I assume.

Still really glad with the package!

Haven't had time to really put mine through the paces. Been either super windy or raining since last weekend. Did manage to throw it up for a few seconds yesterday, but was a tad windy (25mph gusts) and super bright out...700nits just does not cut it for high noon bright days.
Do love not having to hook up my phone (though do need to remember to enable tethering on my phone if I'm away from the house so it gets internet).

I do agree about the gimbal cover...very hard to get it on as the gimbal just keeps moving around. Has to be a trick to it.
I agree the 700 nits has been over blown by the YouTube reviewers; it just isn't bright enough for me. I'm hoping part of the problem is glare and can be rectified with glare screen protectors. I'm spoiled with my Galaxy S21 Ultra's 1200 nits but then again the screen isn't as big. I also like the convenience of not having to hook my phone.

I kept the gimbal packing material so I'm using it to keep the gimbal steady; it makes it really easy to put the gimbal on if you still have that.

Panoramas should really be upgraded to fully use the gimbals capacity (and be it with a special selector for an advanced mode) and also shoot AEB with it. It's always a pain if you have a huge dynamic range when the sun is still very bright and in your pictures.
I want to shoot panoramas in portrait mode. Can you shoot AEB bracketing with the gimbal in portrait mode? I'd probably never shoot more than four groups of images per pano.

I have no problem with panning the camera between (groups of) images.

I want to shoot panoramas in portrait mode. Can you shoot AEB bracketing with the gimbal in portrait mode? I'd probably never shoot more than four groups of images per pano.

I have no problem with panning the camera between (groups of) images.
I am not 100 % sure, but pretty confident AEB works with portrait mode unlike panorama mode.
I shoot a lot of panoramas with moving objects and doing it manually for 360 ° degree is just a real pain instead. So I still hope either DJI will augment the function or in some time in the future, the SDK will help others do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54