DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Purchase Remorse

I bought the zoom over the M2P because I had to have the zoom feature and love it but I still want the M2P. Have you thought about buying the 2 pro camera and switching it on your zoom when needed? I have seen several you tube videos that show and say the switch is easy and it automatically reads and operates as the M2P.

Yes, I have been looking on eBay lol. I like the zoom and find it quite useful but I can't help but feel I'd get more value adjustable aperture and bigger sensor.

The super res pictures come out of the zoom really nice though. It does have issues stitching the shots together nicely in lower light conditions though. I'm going to have to learn how to do that manually.

Yes, I have been looking on eBay lol. I like the zoom and find it quite useful but I can't help but feel I'd get more value adjustable aperture and bigger sensor.

The super res pictures come out of the zoom really nice though. It does have issues stitching the shots together nicely in lower light conditions though. I'm going to have to learn how to do that manually.
I agree with you 100%... I’m either going to find the M2P camera so I can switch between them or I’m going to break down and buy the M2P also lol I think because of how badly I have been waiting for the Zoom feature I was in a no win situation lol

Reactions: StevietheWorm
We bought the Air.

And spent weeks wondering how much better the Mavic Pro might be.

Then we added an I-Pad Mini-4 as our screen.

HUGE difference level in enjoyment and PEACE OF MIND, being able to see, and/or use all the individual icons.

Now we don't wonder any more. We may some day bump up to a newer model but...
we'll be keeping The Little Guy forever.

It is simply THAT good.~

Rgds, NAVMAV

We bought the Air.

And spent weeks wondering how much better the Mavic Pro might be.

Then we added an I-Pad Mini-4 as our screen.

HUGE difference level in enjoyment and PEACE OF MIND, being able to see, and/or use all the individual icons.

Now we don't wonder any more. We may some day bump up to a newer model but...
we'll be keeping The Little Guy forever.

It is simply THAT good.~

Rgds, NAVMAV

How do you hook up the iPad mini to the controller - is there an adapter?

Thanks!

How do you hook up the iPad mini to the controller - is there an adapter?

Thanks!

Are you asking about Cables, or Holders?

Holder is easy; the RC arms extend wide enough to hold a Mini-4 under the RC. Just be a little careful the Mini doesn't work loose while you're flying.

The Cable connection is standard USB under the RC to Lightning on the side edge of the Mini-4. You probably have one somewhere.

Reactions: SDFLYER619
I bought an Air... about 6 months later I bought the Mavic Pro 2. Because the Air was SO good, I had to get a step up. Honestly I don't fly it enough to justify it, but I like my toys. The air is SUPER great, but man, that double flight time on the Pro is amazing.

You'll love the Air. If you can afford a Pro, you'd love that too. The air is easily half the size and weight. So yeah there's that. I probably won't pack the Pro on longer hikes, but I could just fly it from the start of the hike and then pack the Air. :)

The Air can fly almost as far as the Pro. Its range is really impressive when you compare it to a drone that costs twice as much.

So don't have buyers remorse-- your air can do almost as much, but it's flight time is shorter so buy more batteries. :) It's really an amazing bird.

The Air is better than the original Pro in most ways except:

1) Maximum range (4km vs 7km), but in most countries you need a dedicated spotter to be legal if you fly beyond visible line of sight, so maximum range is very rarely the limiting factor. Make sure you are familiar with the laws of your area.

2) Battery life - you get about 7-8 minutes more flight time out of the original Pro before it's time to come home based on best practices (RTH around 30%). Certainly this is useful if you need more than about 17 minutes flight time.

3) The Pro is a bit quieter, but they are both loud enough to attract the same attention. Neither is at all quiet. The Air has a higher pitched sound to it.

The Air is approximately 2X smaller and 2X lighter, has much better obstacle avoidance, significantly better video quality, and has a much better gimbal design. It's a newer drone and it shows. The remote is a better design as far as portability is concerned the removable joysticks, but you give up the LCD screen (the same info is shown in the app). It will also fare better in a crash with the protected gimbal. They both are rated for the same wind resistance. The Air also has 8GB internal storage if you ever forget your memory card - this is potentially a life saver.

If neither size nor cost is an issue for you, the Mavic 2 improves on every shortfall of the original Mavic, but especially as a beginner I think the Mavic Air is perfect and it is capable of very professional results still. I don't think you need to be feeling any buyer's remorse - the Mavic Pro is almost 3 years old now.

Personally I went with the Air for the better image quality, huge size/portability advantage (I travel and hike a lot), newer technology, and I will never need to fly beyond 4KM. I fly around urban areas all the time and have never had any issues with signal strength. YMMV.

Good to read this...it reinforces what I've found during my research. I finally - TODAY - put in my order for the Air from my local camera shop. The Black Friday pricing on all DJI gear/drones is across all channels, so if you have a favorite local store that carries their stuff, support your local shop.

For me, this upgrade is from the P3S, which I've had for about a year. I've been hamstrung a little re: image quality and signal strength. That has been my main concern with the Air, but it seems that the way I fly it shouldn't be an issue. *Looking at my P3S flight logs for the past year, the farthest I've traveled was less than 600m.

I'll check back after I've put it through some paces and let you know my thoughts. Thanks! J

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I would go for the mavic pro just because I love the silent propellers and reliable signal technology more than anything else.

Hi All, I recently made my first ever drone buy - Mavic Air (arrives in 2 days). While I am new to this, I feel like the an above beginner due to the amount of extensive research I’ve invested on drones, DJI Models in particular. I’ve seen enough to know that I couldn’t go wrong either way, however for my first Purchase, with the reduced pricing of the Pro, should I have gotten this over the Air?

I fully realize this is an subjective question, but any experience input or mind easing is welcomed.[/QUOTTHe

The air is amazing! don't worry.

I upgraded from a P4 to the air. The dismal screen performance of my ipad mini in direct sunlight was still an issue. After screwing around with hoods and seeking shade, I bought a set of Moverio glasses. Wow! It is a whole new experience with the Moverio glasses. I wish I could fly all of my other racing drones with them. I have Fat sharks and like the Moverios even better than the fat sharks.

I got the air a month or so ago and love it, its like a Tasmanian Devil in sport mode, much fun, but ordered the M2 Zoom yesterday for a bit more of a serious fly about.

Reactions: thebigbaddan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1