DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First real YouTube video with the Mavic Mini

MavicAisen

Reactions
Did some try outs first with my Mav Mini.
This is the first serious video I made. Criticism is very welcome.
The colors could be better. But aside from that. Anything I can do. Please let me know
Click below for YouTube link
Beach video

Good time of day to be shooting! I liked the length of shots, and the way you edited it would be how I would do it. IE Opening shot, sections organised in some logical manner and a coming down shot to close.

The thing that got me hooked was the opening shot. It looked like it was a shot from a car or bike, then suddenly up she goes! As we drive on the wrong side of the road in the UK, it looked like it was taken from the driver's seat of a car. Editing wise, I would trim the first few seconds of that clip to accentuate this effect. I must have started watching at the bit just after the dog was visible. I saw the dog when watching it back.

Well done!

Good time of day to be shooting! I liked the length of shots, and the way you edited it would be how I would do it. IE Opening shot, sections organised in some logical manner and a coming down shot to close.

The thing that got me hooked was the opening shot. It looked like it was a shot from a car or bike, then suddenly up she goes! As we drive on the wrong side of the road in the UK, it looked like it was taken from the driver's seat of a car. Editing wise, I would trim the first few seconds of that clip to accentuate this effect. I must have started watching at the bit just after the dog was visible. I saw the dog when watching it back.

Well done!
Thank you for your useful critics.
mused iMovie to edit. How do I simplify color correction so I don’t have to go through each Clíp every time as the light is the same on many of the clips!

ideas for other sunrise shooting areas are welcome.

I don't really see why you think the colours could be improved. The idea of grading is to correct exposure, and make each shot in the sequence look natural, and the same as it's neighbouring clips. You have achieved that.

I don't have any experience with imovie, but I guess it's probably not too unlike Premiere Pro in this respect. You do have to look at each clip and adjust it to match with the rest. Especially as the light is changing quite quickly at sunrise and sunset. But in Premiere Pro I play around until I get the results I want with one of the clips. Then I write the settings down (I know - old school using writing implements and paper) and apply the same settings to all clips. Then look again and tweak each one slightly to match the neighbouring clip if necessary.

I don't really see why you think the colours could be improved. The idea of grading is to correct exposure, and make each shot in the sequence look natural, and the same as it's neighbouring clips. You have achieved that.

I don't have any experience with imovie, but I guess it's probably not too unlike Premiere Pro in this respect. You do have to look at each clip and adjust it to match with the rest. Especially as the light is changing quite quickly at sunrise and sunset. But in Premiere Pro I play around until I get the results I want with one of the clips. Then I write the settings down (I know - old school using writing implements and paper) and apply the same settings to all clips. Then look again and tweak each one slightly to match the neighbouring clip if necessary.
Thank you sir!!

Reactions: Greekislandlover
Well done. I’m still a little nervous about flying over water. The ocean view is spectacular
Thanks, I didn't go below 20m heigh to make sure of surprises

Reactions: Capt KO
Well done. I’m still a little nervous about flying over water. The ocean view is spectacular

Hi, you are probably safer over water - all of my "Incidents" have been with trees. At least you don't tend to get trees in water (Everglades excluded of course)

Reactions: MavicAisen
Care Refresh and a GetterBack retriever helps relieve the pucker over water. Enjoy ?

Nicely done. I’m at Waterman myself, love it. Born water baby. ?....?....??‍?

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicAisen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007