DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First-time Buyer/Beginner Seeks Your Advice

Hi Output555. We only use a drone for professional work. We mainly use the superb Phantom 4 pro Plus, but we also have a Mini 2 - which is surprisingly good when you know how to get the best out of it.

How many times have you dropped or trashed your camera gear? Never? Good Then do the same with a drone. We have never crashed a drone. It's mainly about your mentality If you're careful and detailed, you should be fine.

I'm skeptical about the use of a drone as a location scout - if it's for stills photography. Why? Simply because it looks significantly different "up there" to "down here" But I'm reasonably sure that once you have a drone, you'll be adding aerial shots to your portfolio.

The Mini 2 is a better option for you than a MA2, not least because of cost. And I repeat: we have the Mini 2 as a work tool. It's easy/great to fly and super-lightweight (which also helps with new regulations).
Thanks for the reply and advice. You're correct about the comparison of dropping camera gear and a drone crash. I have dropped a lens or two, and it's a sickening feeling. I plan to use the drone for location scouting of abandoned places. In VA there are tons of them on the backroads and in backwoods, many not clearly visible. A drone should help with spotting them. I've seen some videos taken with a Mini 2, and they are very impressive. The quality seems perfectly fine for my purposes.

The mini 2 is very easy to fly, if anything it will
Be easier than a pos toy drone. Just take it easy for the first few flights, use it in clear unobstructed areas and learn. You won’t crash it. In doubt let go of the sticks and it will hold on place for you.

Reactions: output555
The mini 2 is very easy to fly, if anything it will
Be easier than a pos toy drone. Just take it easy for the first few flights, use it in clear unobstructed areas and learn. You won’t crash it. In doubt let go of the sticks and it will hold on place for you.
Thanks, great advice!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada