DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First water flight

Flying over water can be nerve wracking at times, my personal rule is 50' altitude or greater over the Ocean. Overflight of water can be rewarding though.

Reactions: Jriley
Thanks for the comment. Glad it’s not just me!! I think I have read too many posts and seen too many videos of “swims”!!? Happy flying!!

Your flight looks fine. There's always the chance for some kind of problem, of course, at any height, but the crazies are the ones who think they can fly 2 or 3 feet above the water 1,000 feet from shore. They are assuming that the barometric pressure out there is exactly the same as it was over the land they took off from, and that isn't likely to be the case at all.

Your flight looks fine. There's always the chance for some kind of problem, of course, at any height, but the crazies are the ones who think they can fly 2 or 3 feet above the water 1,000 feet from shore. They are assuming that the barometric pressure out there is exactly the same as it was over the land they took off from, and that isn't likely to be the case at all.
So true!! Thank You.

Good video. Out and back - I will probably do the very same thing. HAHAHA

If I'm sucessful, I'll probably say, "Ok - Did it. Got my drone back. So maybe I can do it again." :oops::oops:

I
Good video. Out and back - I will probably do the very same thing. HAHAHA

If I'm sucessful, I'll probably say, "Ok - Did it. Got my drone back. So maybe I can do it again." :oops::oops:
Exactly!! ?. I actually did do a few move flights out and flew it around the water but didn’t want to bore everyone with those videos… just the first one. HAHA

• Haha
Reactions: Prop Wash
Nice!! I understand the anxiety. I have flown my MA2 enough that I am confident flying over small bodies of water like ponds, but I haven't ventured out over a lake or the ocean yet. Soon...

Looks like a nice place to fly, nice job!!

Great video!!! Especially being the first water flight. I live at the coast in San Diego, and I am always nervous flying over the ocean, even after 3+ years of doing it.
I am in no way a professional drone pilot (although I am wanting to get certified and "TRY" to make $$ doing it).
Anyways, my only tip would be when flying try not to change the direction of the drone in the middle of a section, unless for safety reasons its necessary. I have so many clips that I ended up deleting because I turned the drone ever so slightly to the right, and then to the left during a flight down the coast, trying to keep it in the direction I wanted.
Instead I end up just flying it straight after I do a 180 degree turn and do multiple flights the same way and choose the best clip with the best flight path in the videos.
Awesome Video, I cant wait to see more!!
Cheers,
Dominic

• Love
Great video!!! Especially being the first water flight. I live at the coast in San Diego, and I am always nervous flying over the ocean, even after 3+ years of doing it.
I am in no way a professional drone pilot (although I am wanting to get certified and "TRY" to make $$ doing it).
Anyways, my only tip would be when flying try not to change the direction of the drone in the middle of a section, unless for safety reasons its necessary. I have so many clips that I ended up deleting because I turned the drone ever so slightly to the right, and then to the left during a flight down the coast, trying to keep it in the direction I wanted.
Instead I end up just flying it straight after I do a 180 degree turn and do multiple flights the same way and choose the best clip with the best flight path in the videos.
Awesome Video, I cant wait to see more!!
Cheers,
Dominic
Much Thanks Dominic.

Nice!! I understand the anxiety. I have flown my MA2 enough that I am confident flying over small bodies of water like ponds, but I haven't ventured out over a lake or the ocean yet. Soon...

Looks like a nice place to fly, nice job!!
Thank You Kindly Maggior!!

Reactions: maggior
I live on the coast so 80-90% of my flights are over water and I love it.

I need to be a lot more focused when flying over land, as I never know when an evil tree will jump out and attack my drone.

I live on the coast so 80-90% of my flights are over water and I love it.

I need to be a lot more focused when flying over land, as I never know when an evil tree will jump out and attack my drone.
LOL those “evil trees” can do that now and again!! Happy flying!!

Reactions: TerryToast
Still not crazy enough to do this! Personally the music reminded me of the halo games (maybe as I just replayed them all) :D so I didn't think it matched the scene but loved the scenery

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE