DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Analysis Help

Montypaks

Reactions
Hi guys,

Please I need help analysing my latest flights.

I kept getting compass errors even though it never persisted and never caused anything noticable.

It will come and go for 1 to 10 seconds at a time

Here are the flights...

1: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones (First Battery... flew with android)
2: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones (First Battery... flew with ios)
3: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones (Second battery - ios)
4: Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones (Third Battery - ios)

Thinking it's best I see what I'm missing before I get a major mishap. I get a lot of these compass errors/mag interference but nothing ever happens better safe than sorry.

This is after calibration at the location as well.

Recalibrate your compass in the open field and try again. It seems you calibrated it next to a building. That building may be your problem.

Recalibrate your compass in the open field and try again. It seems you calibrated it next to a building. That building may be your problem.
Yes I did calibrate next to a building.

Thing is finding a large open space is kinda difficult.

There was a game going on there that I was capturing. So couldn't get to the middle of it.

I'm hoping for more in depth insight into what is going on in the Mavic tho.

The Mavic shouldn't be so fragile that any little bit of metal throws the compass off...

There was a game going on there that I was capturing. So couldn't get to the middle of it.

The Mavic shouldn't be so fragile that any little bit of metal throws the compass off...
You may be confusing fragile with sensitive. Find a metal free area to get a clean calibration, you will be good to go for weeks.

Sensitive? Really? If you took a compass and calibrated next to something possibly magnetic and then move away from it, you will note the compass suddenly doesn't work right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857