DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Log Upload Slow Speeds

mgelbach

Reactions
Morning Everyone,

Recently crashed my Mavic 3, I lost control of it and it and ended up having to use the emergency shut off about 150ft feet in the air and it hit the ground hard.

Sent it into DJI for repair as the props, camera, gimbal, upper sensors, and who knows what else were damaged.

DJI is asking me to upload the flight logs from my RC Pro and with each day being about 1gb, it's taking what feels like far longer than it should. I've got decent internet. 710mb down/34mb up, but it's taking 30 minutes per log and I'm worried it might take days.

If anyone has any advice or tips I'd be so grateful!

Upload the logs to a hosting site and provide them with the links. If they are allowed to down load from such sources it may make things easier for you.

Do they want multiple logs from multiple days?

Morning Everyone,

Recently crashed my Mavic 3, I lost control of it and it and ended up having to use the emergency shut off about 150ft feet in the air and it hit the ground hard.

Sent it into DJI for repair as the props, camera, gimbal, upper sensors, and who knows what else were damaged.

DJI is asking me to upload the flight logs from my RC Pro and with each day being about 1gb, it's taking what feels like far longer than it should. I've got decent internet. 710mb down/34mb up, but it's taking 30 minutes per log and I'm worried it might take days.

If anyone has any advice or tips I'd be so grateful!
Did they want all the logs or just the log for the flight during which the problem happened?

"With regards to your email, kindly re-sync all available flight records under (Email Address). Also, kindly confirm as well the exact date of the flight incident."

So I think they want everything?

I did figure out how to change the sleep timer on the controller, so I think I'm fine. As long as I touch the screen every twenty minutes or so it seems to be working!

So you are re-syncing ALL flight logs, not just a single flight log like a .txt file. Other flight logs include .DAT which is large. How many flight logs are there?
You might ask DJI which specific flight log is needed and then upload just that one.

"With regards to your email, kindly re-sync all available flight records under (Email Address). Also, kindly confirm as well the exact date of the flight incident."

So I think they want everything?

I did figure out how to change the sleep timer on the controller, so I think I'm fine. As long as I touch the screen every twenty minutes or so it seems to be working!
I can't imagine that they could use more than the log for the flight with the incident and a couple of previous logs.

I think there's a lot of miscommunication due to the language difference. I'd send three and let them ask for more if they need them.

There are a few points here.
1) If you are not actually sync'ing the logs using the en-masse approach but rather are uploading files one at a time via a manual approach I would be inclined to first copy the logs to a computer and then up load the logs manually from that computer. It maybe takes a slow wifi connection from the controller out of the 'equation'.
2) If you have already "sync'ed" the logs with out backing them up to somewhere else first then you will probably not have any of the DAT's to sync the second time around as sync'ing seems to delete the DATs from the 'samrt controller?' (if they existed in the first place.
3) They may be looking in old logs for signs of a developing problem.

2) If you have already "sync'ed" the logs with out backing them up to somewhere else first then you will probably not have any of the DAT's to sync the second time around as sync'ing seems to delete the DATs from the 'samrt controller?'
If they were sync'd, I would think DJI would already have them.

If they were sync'd, I would think DJI would already have them.
Agreed but there has been at least one thread that mentioned logs being sync'ed as a matter of routine yet having to be uploaded ....again.... for some sort of investigation. As if the investigation team are unable to access sync'ed logs for the purposes of the investigation.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters