DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight logs on DJI RC and Samsung Galaxy (Android) phone are different (incomplete)

badshah

Reactions
Hello, fellow M3P pilots. Lately I noticed that the flight log on my DJI Fly app on the phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ on OneUI4) is incomplete and only shows a minute or two of flight time for each instance. In comparison, the DJI RC is up to date and shows the full flight details. See the attached screenshots from both the RC and the phone for a comparison to understand what I am seeing. And this is showing up randomly for certain dates (intermittently) throughout the entire log going back to the time I got the M3P in June, whereas for some other dates, the log details match between the phone and the RC. So far, I didn't have much reason to explore the logs but recently I wanted to analyze the flights in Airdata and that's when I discovered the issue.

I tried the following, but nothing appears to set the log in the phone right and sync it with the M3P or RC (wherever the info is being stored). I am really bummed because I cannot fetch the logs from the RC and if the phone logs are incomplete I can't use the TXT files to upload to Airdata either. Not sure if this is a bug or I need to clear something up to get these two to be in synch. And by the way, there's no issue in transferring videos/images from drone to the phone using the QuickTransfer mode. That works absolutely fine so connectivity isn't the issue here.

Any suggestions, ideas, tips? Would greatly appreciate inputs. Thanks!

On the phone:
- Cleared the app cache
- Force stopped the app and started it again
- Hit the 'sync' icon in the DJI Fly App (in Profile\More\Flight Data Center and top right corner) after the phone was connected to the aircraft
- Directly looked up the folder (using File manager) on the phone where the log files (TXT) are stored but what is there shows on the screen i.e. they are incomplete too

On the RC:
- Accessed every log line item that showed up as partial on the phone to make sure it was synched with the cloud

Screenshot_20220813-105804.jpgScreenshot_20220813-110024.png

Hi everyone, any thoughts/inputs/tips on this? I am really keen on getting this sorted out. Not sure if this a DJI RC to Android DJI Fly thing or just a case of user ignorance! Waiting for responses.....

Hi everyone, any thoughts/inputs/tips on this? I am really keen on getting this sorted out. Not sure if this a DJI RC to Android DJI Fly thing or just a case of user ignorance! Waiting for responses.....
The flight logs will be complete on the devices you used to fly.
You've just got some files that are only partially synched and that's what's transferred across to the other device.

The flight logs will be complete on the devices you used to fly.
You've just got some files that are only partially synched and that's what's transferred across to the other device.
Thanks for the reply @Meta4 . Any pointers on how they can be synched completely? As described, I tried various things including removing the DJI Fly App on the phone and reinstalling it and nothing worked.

Thanks for the reply @Meta4 . Any pointers on how they can be synched completely? As described, I tried various things including removing the DJI Fly App on the phone and reinstalling it and nothing worked.
Go into your flight records on the device that you used to do the flying (when it has wifi internet connection).
Click Enable (top right of screen) for Auto Flight Record Backup.
Wait for the records to upload.
i-CD9QMDS-M.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots