DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly your drone with caution and away from authorization zones!

theoaristi53

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I was flying my drone yesterday evening and took some pictures of my team's football stadium(it was completely empty). However, around 600m away from the stadium there is a prison! Between the stadium and the prison, there is a small basketball stadium. Here is the map.

While I was flying it in the blue zone or authorization zone, some armed cops came and took me to the police station. They checked the pictures I took and let me free, as they found nothing suspicious. Of course, I was told not to do that again. And I won't get anywhere close to that place again. I am still shocked about what has happened. So my advice is. Be very careful.

Hello everyone,

I was flying my drone yesterday evening and took some pictures of my team's football stadium(it was completely empty). However, around 600m away from the stadium there is a prison! Between the stadium and the prison, there is a small basketball stadium. Here is the map.

View attachment 74287

While I was flying it in the blue zone or authorization zone, some armed cops came and took me to the police station. They checked the pictures I took and let me free, as they found nothing suspicious. Of course, I was told not to do that again. And I won't get anywhere close to that place again. I am still shocked about what has happened. So my advice is. Be very careful.
That’s pretty weird. Does Greece have rules against flying near a prison? Google Earth has you at about 500m but same difference. I’m surprised they could even see it that far away.

Seems like they could have figured the whole thing out without having to take you to the police station. It doesn’t look like that high of a security prison. I found it interesting that the prison has 4.2 stars out of 5 on google lol.

• Haha
Reactions: dirkclod and Porky
That’s pretty weird. Does Greece have rules against flying near a prison? Google Earth has you at about 500m but same difference. I’m surprised they could even see it that far away.

Seems like they could have figured the whole thing out without having to take you to the police station. It doesn’t look like that high of a security prison. I found it interesting that the prison has 4.2 stars out of 5 on google lol.

I don't know about the rules regarding prisons, to be honest. However, I 've seen people flying their drones close to the stadium, and they were not stopped by no one. Anyway, I should get that drone pilot certification. All the rules will be described there, I suppose. It is called UAS Pilot B I think and costs 850 Euros for both lessons and exams.

Reactions: brett8883
P.S. if you ever need to break out of this prison all you need to do is shimmy up this electrical pole and use a bed sheet or something to “zip line” out. No drone required :oops:

P.S. if you ever need to break out of this prison all you need to do is shimmy up this electrical pole and use a bed sheet or something to “zip line” out. No drone required :oops:
View attachment 74293

Also, the long building you see next to the prison is a training center where you can get different certificates and diplomas!!! I know someone who got a marketing diploma from that center!!!

Reactions: brett8883

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_