DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Around University of Washington..Any Restrictions?

I think that the University of Washington is a cool university. my friend told me that there is a high level of education but it is complicated studying process in this university but it will be easier with the help of the site you can read article from this site to understand that there are useful reviews on the companies that help with studying!

From the UW website pertaining to filming & photography on campus....

“FAQs

The University is currently reviewing our UAS policy. Certified UAS pilots should adhere to all FAA regulations while on UW property. Non-commercial pilots are expected to adhere to the FAA’s Small UAS Rule (14 CFR part 107).”

Interesting. Having acquired my 107 Certification, the only rules I follow are those related to commercial operations. That means that my first go-to rules state that I cannot fly anywhere within 5 miles of any airport. Thus, commercially, there are few pieces of land in the Puget Sound area open to me without acquiring a waiver. I am hard pressed to step into the hobby arena, yet there may be many places one could fly freely for all I know. I just don't want to go there.

You are doing the right thing by asking about rules, as now that I know why I must fly within 107 regs, I am highly concerned about so many who purchase a sUAV, then just fly freely without considering major safety issues.

I do not have an answer, however, do recommend you call the nearest airport to pick their brains about how to fly (non-commercially) safely.
There are several opinions that if you're flying for fun, practice, but not for $$, you can fly per part 336 rules. Here's the link for those rules Recreational Fliers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder