DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying flying near Sedona, Arizona

OralndoMavic

Reactions
Hope everyone is well, my wife and I are thinking about taking a trip to Sedona in April. I checked with the airport as far as notification online. There is a form to fill out. They did post a little notice that they do not condone drones in the area, 5 miles. With that being said I guess I still can fly, staying within the regulations and giving notice. Any comments ?

Hi OrlandoMavic. Have you gone to Sedona yet? May be going next month. There’s a lot of restricted zones, such as trails, trailheads, and wilderness areas, but looking at a no drone zone map, there appear to be some spots where you can fly. They make it seem like you can’t fly anywhere within 5 miles of the airport but if you’re flying for recreation, you only need to give notification using that form. Just stay away from those trails and the wilderness areas. That’s my take on it. Please let me know what your experience is flying there.

Hi OrlandoMavic. Have you gone to Sedona yet? May be going next month. There’s a lot of restricted zones, such as trails, trailheads, and wilderness areas, but looking at a no drone zone map, there appear to be some spots where you can fly. They make it seem like you can’t fly anywhere within 5 miles of the airport but if you’re flying for recreation, you only need to give notification using that form. Just stay away from those trails and the wilderness areas. That’s my take on it. Please let me know what your experience is flying there.

Thanks very much for the information, the plans for Sedona did not work out. After finding out about the condominium would be staying at, we opted to go to Savannah Georgia! Great place, we spent Wednesday and Thursday there, got some good shots at Tybee Island. Presently at Amelia Island Florida, going to leave her home tomorrow. Again thanks for the reply !

Sedona is a beautiful area. I would think it would be a great place to fly and film. Why dont one of you thrill seekers that have the right to fly anywhere head out there and see if you get harassed by the law, and post up some good footage!

Sedona is a beautiful area. I would think it would be a great place to fly and film. Why dont one of you thrill seekers that have the right to fly anywhere head out there and see if you get harassed by the law, and post up some good footage!
Why does Wanting to take photos and video of beautiful countryside make somebody a “thrill seeker”?

Why does Wanting to take photos and video of beautiful countryside make somebody a “thrill seeker”?
Because legality seems like it might be an issue there from the OP ?
So I suggest that one of the people that dont have to follow the law, go do it so I dont have to risk anything. :D

Thanks very much for the information, the plans for Sedona did not work out. After finding out about the condominium would be staying at, we opted to go to Savannah Georgia! Great place, we spent Wednesday and Thursday there, got some good shots at Tybee Island. Presently at Amelia Island Florida, going to leave her home tomorrow. Again thanks for the reply

Sounds good. I’m going to
And just why does he have to stay away from trails and wilderness areas? What possible safety concern is there?
And just why does he have to stay away from trails and wilderness areas? What possible safety concern is there?

My question exactly, but that’s what’s posted on the Forest Service website for Sedona. Some rules are just overkill in my opinion.

What law?? What is the danger?
I see you are the man for the job! Can't wait to see your Sedona shots!
Hopefully you won't have to repeat that statement over and over loudly while they are writing a citation or putting handcuffs on you!

I see you are the man for the job! Can't wait to see your Sedona shots!
Hopefully you won't have to repeat that statement over and over loudly while they are writing a citation or putting handcuffs on you!
Handcuffs? What are you talking about? What CRIME are they going to arrest me for? When are you guys going to pull your heads out and think? Nobody is talking about any reckless, dangerous or harmful behavior here. We’re talking about taking pictures, PERIOD! Sheesh

Just fly around where ever you want. In state parks and such.
And if confronted, claim you weren't aware of the laws or regulations. That should work. :D

Just fly around where ever you want. In state parks and such.
And if confronted, claim you weren't aware of the laws or regulations. That should work. :D
Who’s claiming ignorance?? I’m claiming I’m not doing anything unsafe..... and I’m still waiting for someone to tell me what is unsafe about flying out in the desert. Care to take a crack at it?

I think the issue is in parks. You just want to argue..
Go do it, and post the video. I love the scenery in Sedona. Also I would like to see footage of the grand canyon walls, and the base of the Hoover dam, in addition, I have always wanted to see whats in the back yard of the whitehouse too. Not usually anyone back there, shouldn't be a safety hazard. If that's the only reason to not fly.

I think the issue is in parks. You just want to argue..
Go do it, and post the video. I love the scenery in Sedona. Also I would like to see footage of the grand canyon walls, and the base of the Hoover dam, in addition, I have always wanted to see whats in the back yard of the whitehouse too. Not usually anyone back there, shouldn't be a safety hazard. If that's the only reason to not fly.
Classic reductio ad absurdum argument. Good job!
Now, how about answering my question?

Classic reductio ad absurdum argument. Good job!
Now, how about answering my question?
Now your just droning on....... I am not here to answer your questions. I am here to answer mine.

There isn't an answer to your question that will suit you.
You appear to already know everything.
All I want is for someone to get some great sedona footage and post it here. Not to argue with someone based on opinions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll