DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Flying from Boat

I like it!! You did it very well. Good way to blend your handheld footage with you flight footage. It looks like your family was having a good time.

Reactions: dronertv
OMG...I recently flew my drone from a boat (similar in size to yours) and getting it back was VERY tough...the boat kept drifting away from the drone, and then the obstacle avoidance made it hard to get the drone close to the boat. Never again!

OMG...I recently flew my drone from a boat (similar in size to yours) and getting it back was VERY tough...the boat kept drifting away from the drone, and then the obstacle avoidance made it hard to get the drone close to the boat. Never again!
I have flown from boats a few times now. This was the most reluctant I have been. I didn’t even try to land it on the boat. I just waited until I knew we were close to docking so I could land it on the dock. Otherwise it helps to be anchored.

Good shots and the effects work well. My buddy has a boat and wants me to come out and bring the drone. Bit nervous about it but it could make for some cool footage...

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Air 2. Launched by hand and landed back onboard the boat. Required taking your time in landing. I practice taking off and landing from a small 18" table.

Attachments

• DJI_0008.JPG
    DJI_0008.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
  • DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
  • DJI_0020.JPG
    DJI_0020.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
Air 2. Launched by hand and landed back onboard the boat. Required taking your time in landing. I practice taking off and landing from a small 18" table.
When I have landed on the boat I have always hand caught. I have watched too many videos of people trying to land it on the boat but end up bouncing it off the boat into the water.

Landing on a boat assumes the pilot has some common sense. I landed on the floor of a pontoon boat. I believe that everyone needs to know how to launch and land by hand.

I have a job coming up that will require launching from a boat. I know years ago there were issues with drones initializing properly while rocking around on a boat. Is that issue basically irrelevant or still something I need to be aware of?

I have a job coming up that will require launching from a boat. I know years ago there were issues with drones initializing properly while rocking around on a boat. Is that issue basically irrelevant or still something I need to be aware of?

I never had any issues initializing. But you do want to stay away from metal surfaces as that will cause issues with the compass and prevent you from taking off. I haven't had that issue on a boat, but I have had it in other places.

Reactions: skybanditpictures
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada