Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Flying in a sandstorm

Baq Paq Jaq

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Dear Drone Experts

I took a quick flight in a hazy orange Sahara sand sky. I got some great footage!:

Some people have commented that this may not have been good for my drone's motors. The air didn't feel dusty, just an orange haze, and I didn't feel like I was breathing dust. My Platinum Pro had no dust on it when it came down. Is there anything I should do to double-check my drone before my next flight, more than just visually looking at it?

Thanks for any advice!

Jackie

@Baq Paq Jaq you could get an air puffer or a can of air and just give the gimbal and motors a good blow over to get rid of any dust that might be inside them it can be quite abrasive over time especially if it gets moisture combined with it ,and could cause issues further down the line,its the gimbal that is the most delicate part when it comes to dust and dirt ingress

Thank you Mr OMM, I'll see if I can find somewhere that sells an air can.

Reactions: old man mavic
Looks good. Very interesting the sand dust in the air can hang like that - for me, I'd be wearing the mask.

Reactions: Baq Paq Jaq
Interesting footage!
If I wouldn't know that it is a sandstorm I would think that the white balance is set to 10.000K 😂 because it really looks like that. I'm in Spain too, in Mallorca, maybe it will get here too, yesterday it rained very dirty water, maybe the sandstorm is coming here too. I don't know if I would fly my drone in it, to be honest.

Geez...we thought hail storms were bad in Texas. At least they are over pretty quickly, although hail can really damage cars. Cool video.

Interesting footage!
If I wouldn't know that it is a sandstorm I would think that the white balance is set to 10.000K 😂 because it really looks like that. I'm in Spain too, in Mallorca, maybe it will get here too, yesterday it rained very dirty water, maybe the sandstorm is coming here too. I don't know if I would fly my drone in it, to be honest.
Hehe, yeah I took some photos with my iphone and was disappointed because the phone "corrected" the orange hue and it didn't show how it really was. But the Platinum captured it brilliantly accurately! Thanks for watching

Geez...we thought hail storms were bad in Texas. At least they are over pretty quickly, although hail can really damage cars. Cool video.
thanks Dave, we get hail only very occasionally... get sahara sand more often, but i've never seen it this orange before! And it usually only hangs around a day, not 3!!

Looks good. Very interesting the sand dust in the air can hang like that - for me, I'd be wearing the mask.
i only went out to film this for a few mins. Then came back in and got googling, and saw the recommendations for a mask!! Nasty air quality. After a solid day's rain, it finally all went though. Cheers for watching.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman