DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying remotely

As a fellow Coloradan, and as the person likely to be one of the people possibly contacting you via an FAA report, I strongly encourage you to not even try it. There will be a number of rules broken, mostly BVLOS.

If you'd like to reach out to me via message here, I'm more than open to helping you understand the rules when it comes to what you can and cannot do with your drone.

Hiya Vic. I was gonna PM you about this one but you're already on it. Well done bud.

Allen

Reactions: Vic Moss
He must be laughing his socks off at the time people are wasting on them!

Some of us are answering him because we try to help him. And to do our part to keep the NAS safe. And since he is local to me, I'm hoping he reaches out.

Some of us are answering him because we try to help him. And to do our part to keep the NAS safe. And since he is local to me, I'm hoping he reaches out.
I get you, any it’s a very worthy action by you & the others. It’s just that I’ve got the distinct feeling that he only came on here as a windup. However, if he actually meant it, I hope he gets the message!

Reactions: Vic Moss
Hello all, this is my first post and I am still awaiting the arrival of my Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo... While I wait for delivery, I have been looking at all the things that can be done with these drones. I had an idea to improve range and signal quality but I'm not sure if it would work. What if I purchase a phone with a cellular data connection, install the DJI app, attach the phone to the drone and fly it remotely from my PC using software such as TeamViewer? Will this work, or is the drone smart enough to know that the controlling device is attached?

It's not possible, as others have said. Also keep in mind that you live in the USA and you need to have the drone in visual line of sight at all times to be legal. Your drone will be broadcasting its location and the location of your controller at all times (you can turn it off temporarily right now, but expect that functionality to disappear down the road) and it's easy enough for someone to prove you weren't in VLOS if someone makes a complaint, and there are lots of people out there who hate drones.

This is why the hobby will get regulated out of existence.

Not at all. It's simply one person asking if he can do something stupid. At least he asked.

The clamor of "this will kill the industry/hobby" is overblown by many. Let's worry about reality and educate when possible. If the Blue Angels incident didn't kill this industry, this won't.

As far as cars and drones go, first prove that the stock item will not satisfy your needs. You could save yourself piles of money!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian