DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying the northern Reaches of California.

Ishloh

Reactions
I have been flying around Humboldt county for a couple years. Started with my DJI Spark till it was stolen. Since then I have upgraded to a Mavic Air and have once again enjoyed flying around the Redwoods. There are a lot of beautiful areas and I enjoy getting outside. One place I had a lot of fun is in Sequoia Park In Eureka, Ca. I always get a lot of questions when I go and do my slow fly through the trees. It is always a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I’m based in Ferndale. Nice to see a local pilot

Reactions: hiflyer201
How are you legally flying in a national park?
Blue skies.
If it's the same Sequoia Park I'm thinking of, it belongs to the City of Eureka and is not part of the Federal system. Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are much further south, just east of Visalia.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
hey dronies.. I'm a spanking new member here from the Humboldt Nation of No.Ca, Loleta, dairy/ag farm..Sugar Leaf Farms...I'm a retired timber faller,(Palco-1980-
2008)and life long Humboldtian..we are blessed here with vast redwood,ocean, mountain,coastal, vistas that the biggest question is where do I go today..its drone heaven here..you have beaches n parks an rivers to yourself 90% of the time it's awesome
I got a hand me down mini2 from a old man that duck hunts here in Eel River valley an traded him a season of mallard hunts for his missing a prop,flew once an got fed up with Mini2 fly more kit...I own 100+acres in Loleta with the most unbelievable duck hunting in Humboldt..will be learning a lot about flying on this site an listening to the old guard an gleaning advise..thx for having me..M.Pool

Attachments

• Photo_6553616_DJI_16_pano_12417061_0_2021829133128_photo_pano~2.jpg
    Photo_6553616_DJI_16_pano_12417061_0_2021829133128_photo_pano~2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
I am going to be in Eureka for a week in June. Are there any specific places to fly that you would recommend?

I was born in Arcata (while Dad and Mom attended Humboldt State) 60 years ago, so I will be out and about exploring a lot. I don't want to waste a lot of time looking for places to fly and would rather have a specific list of places to go. Any help you could give would be awesome.

Thanks!

I am going to be in Eureka for a week in June. Are there any specific places to fly that you would recommend?

I was born in Arcata (while Dad and Mom attended Humboldt State) 60 years ago, so I will be out and about exploring a lot. I don't want to waste a lot of time looking for places to fly and would rather have a specific list of places to go. Any help you could give would be awesome.

Thanks!
Did you get to any great places to fly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143