DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying without tablet and stuck in beginner mode

howlingbaboon

Reactions
Hi All,
Had a frustrating flight today. Glorious day, amazing location. I foolishly left my tablet at home but had my goggles and some observers/pilots so I figured I'd still be able to get some nice photos. I performed a manual take off with the RC but quickly realised that it was in beginner mode. Without the tablet, I couldn't find a way to switch out of it. There doesn't seem to be an option for this in the goggles settings menu or on the RC as far as I can tell. I've not even had it in beginner mode for ages and certainly not on the last flight day. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution?

All advice most appreciated !

Cheers

45 minutes from home on the way to the coast and I also realised I’d left my iPad at home. My Mavic flew fine with just the RC. Couldn’t really frame any photos or videos but flew all the same. Definitely not in beginner mode so there must be something else that was not right.

Hi All,
Had a frustrating flight today. Glorious day, amazing location. I foolishly left my tablet at home but had my goggles and some observers/pilots so I figured I'd still be able to get some nice photos. I performed a manual take off with the RC but quickly realised that it was in beginner mode. Without the tablet, I couldn't find a way to switch out of it. There doesn't seem to be an option for this in the goggles settings menu or on the RC as far as I can tell. I've not even had it in beginner mode for ages and certainly not on the last flight day. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution?

Cheers

Do you have access to a smartphone?

Do you have access to a smartphone?

lol funny you say that cause I am still using a flip phone! I am sure yourself why..lol cause when I drop it the screen NEVER breaks just the battery flies out! unlike **** smart phone! one drop broken screen!

without a tablet or smart phone it will have restriction cause you are not sign in thru the dji app :( I don't recall what firmware version they started to do that? at least this is what I have read.

With RC only the Mavic is not in beginner mode but distance is limied to somewhat 30m, both distance and altitude. The GO4 app is required at least for unlocking prior to take-off, running either on a smartphone or tablet. The stripped-down goggles version will not unlock.

Hi All,

Cheers
No I believe the only way to select on and off beginner mode is with the slider switch in the go for app unfortunately

[QUOTE = "Top Drone, post: 481014, member: 62383»]
Нет, я полагаю, что единственный способ включить или выключить режим новичка - это, к сожалению, с помощью ползункового переключателя в приложении go for app.
[/ QUOTE]
сcould you explain more?

I did some testing for two other topics like this but for an M2.
If you're in beginner mode or flight mode is disabled, you can't switch to sport or tripod mode. That leaves no way to turn off OA, which was the underlying problem in the other topic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000