DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FlyMore Mavic 2 Air Carry Case Question

Macinfo

Reactions
Evening...

Somewhere along the way, I recall a discussion that I cannot seem to find anymore that was debating whether the case was too tight to insert the drone with the props attached or whether the props should be removed, to prevent possible deformation perhaps, affecting flight or causing issues during flight?

If there was a bottomline to that discussion as to which was better, want to refresh my memory on which way to go.. Ultimately perhaps a different case maybe the best solution, but not ready to spend more $$ on a hard case of some sort, and even with a hard case, are you still removing and re-installing the props to store it properly?

thanks for any feedback..

Is there is any opinion of using the Mavic 2 Case for transport, with or without the props installed? On the surface, the props seem relatively flexible, or is just better to eliminate any strain and install before each flight, or is it just doesn't make much difference one way or another?

thanks

As a tag-a-long question I was wondering if the M2 props need to be babied like the props for the Mavic Mini. I've found that if you the props are stored overnight in any position other than straight as they came they'll take on the new form and mess with your flying if you don't spot the warping and change them out.

It seems prudent to remove the propes on the M2 in that tight little case, but is that much caution required? I think that except for travel I'm going to invest in a hard case.

As a tag-a-long question I was wondering if the M2 props need to be babied like the props for the Mavic Mini. I've found that if you the props are stored overnight in any position other than straight as they came they'll take on the new form and mess with your flying if you don't spot the warping and change them out.

It seems prudent to remove the propes on the M2 in that tight little case, but is that much caution required? I think that except for travel I'm going to invest in a hard case.

It does seem like to be on the safer side, since they do remove and install easily on the MA2 (not the Mini if I recall) to just remove them and store them in the pouch of the DJI MA2 Carry bag with the filters & spare sticks, and perhaps in another bag have a spare set of props on the ready should you manage to damage a set..

Though it would be nice to get some more opinions from other MA2 owners that fly a lot.. Course perhaps some of you are using a hard case, but then the question applies there too, in a $40-100 drone soft or hard case, are you removing the props and re-installing when setting up to fly. Whenever I looked at a pics of a drone cases on Amazon, you always see one set of props installed and assume the other pair are installed at the bottom of the case.. Which seems to imply, leaving the props installed is no big deal.

Hopefully some more pilots will chime in on the issue

thanks

Reactions: vindibona1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan