DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me stops every few meters

motopa

Reactions
Hi, I´m trying to use FOLLOW ME mode with my mavic, but I´m getting stopped (exit follow me mode) every few meters.
My phone is a Samsung S5.... drone it´s at 100-110m height.... mobile with strong gps....I start option, and start to follow me, but after some meters and some seconds... it goes to NORMAL MODE (exit from FOLLOW ME mode), appear the remote icon (normal mode).

what I´m doing wrong?

Regards

I dealt with the same issue, even dug through .dat files etc, never really found a root cause or a solution.. Mavic just goes back to Normal mode without any input:

This is what I posted to DJI, never got a response...

lWbABm6.jpg

maybe a phone issue or incompatibility? app error? Really a bit disappointing

I read in some forum... it´s a known issue with SAMSUNG S5¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ incredible to me....

Hi, I´m trying to use FOLLOW ME mode with my mavic, but I´m getting stopped (exit follow me mode) every few meters.
My phone is a Samsung S5.... drone it´s at 100-110m height.... mobile with strong gps....I start option, and start to follow me, but after some meters and some seconds... it goes to NORMAL MODE (exit from FOLLOW ME mode), appear the remote icon (normal mode).

what I´m doing wrong?

Regards

Do you need to be this high?
Why not try Active Track a bit lower.
Follow Me works on Phone GPS and has always a been temperamental - tends to move in bursts I thought (first seen on Phantom 3 I think)

Hi friend.... I can lower it, but my first tests I prefer do it at that high (a lot trees and ascend-descend on offroad motorbike).

I prefer follow me mode because I can drive off-road and sometimes "dissapear" under trees...

My previous drone (phantom 3 advance) was working perfectly with my s5 and follow me at similar high.

Regards

Maybe, I must to try third part apps how litchi, but I prefer don´t it.

thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic