DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow-on to Avata

Droning on and on...

Reactions
My understanding is the Avata, and the MC control interface has been a huge success, sales exceeding forecasts and enthusiastic reception by the public.

So this usually means an "Avata II". Has anyone heard anything in the rumor mill?

Smaller (say, 25%), faster (top speed 18m/s), Mini 4P camera sensor and image pipeline. Add some sort of advanced mode to the MC2 interface that's manual-like, removing attitude restrictions allowing loops and rolls.

I'd skip eating for a week to get one 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Xitor and Cafguy
Haven't heard of anything myself

Reactions: Cafguy
O4 in 24. That's the Rumor. The DJI air Unit 3 saw Great success and is only now losing some of its market to Walksnail
I think A new Air unit will be in the cards this year and maybe the rumored FPV2 And Avata To go with it. IMO the FPV simply needs to be much more repairable then you have a NICE drone. The avata needs a whole new frame to make it less "jittery" when doing more FPV style flying and to keep the darn noise down Plus It would be nice if they could SUB 250 it (NO They Can't) MAYBE A TinyWhoop DJI!! Heck you could let the people at that Tello Company Make it for you! BUT it would be cool to have an Avata with a connector on it so you could put some lightweight 4s 5 min flight time Batteryies on it that may get the weight down- for those who just fly it as a drone.

Reactions: Torque
O4 in 24. That's the Rumor. The DJI air Unit 3 saw Great success and is only now losing some of its market to Walksnail
I think A new Air unit will be in the cards this year and maybe the rumored FPV2 And Avata To go with it. IMO the FPV simply needs to be much more repairable then you have a NICE drone. The avata needs a whole new frame to make it less "jittery" when doing more FPV style flying and to keep the darn noise down Plus It would be nice if they could SUB 250 it (NO They Can't) MAYBE A TinyWhoop DJI!! Heck you could let the people at that Tello Company Make it for you! BUT it would be cool to have an Avata with a connector on it so you could put some lightweight 4s 5 min flight time Batteryies on it that may get the weight down- for those who just fly it as a drone.
where did you get this rumor from?

around where?
Many FPV forums as well as other drone forums talk about o4in24 It was stated on this forum many many months ago by many members. You can also go to youtube and watch some videos on this prediction. There are some really informative ones from Bardwell and others on the New air unit release, I am willing to bet Money on an o4 air unit this year (and probably very soon). DJI has a decent portion of the FPV community as well. Before Walksnail and HD zero DJI Air units were the ones to get if you wanted to spend money on Digital FPV. Now that walksnail has garnered a larger customer base I think DJI will counter with the new o4 Air unit.

these are just wishful thinking, there are no sources
This is why we call it a RUMOR. Don't think I am saying its gonna happen No one can tell you that BUT I look at the community I see the upcoming need and go with that. The only thing standing in the way of an Immediate push to market of the o4 tech is the Bad press DJI is recieving from the U.S. Media and government ( Gee Thanx Skydio you guys should spend money on research instead of lobbyist.).
Rumor or not IF the U.S. will have them then I will *PREDICT* A new Mavic under your 24 xmas tree. IMO.

** Predict: - Say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something.
If I were in the market for a new DJI I myself would wait for late summer or later Before I spent the Money. IMO.

Last edited:
For everyone to know excepting Cafguy, there are no rumors about any dji new drone for now

To refine the accuracy of this statement: @gogorokokoko knows of no rumors about any dji new drone for now.

Equally true: @Cafguy has read about rumors that DJI will release a new FPV standalone system based on O4 in 2024.

Reactions: Torque and Cafguy
To refine the refinement from Droning on and on...
rumors are known, thats why they are called rumors
if anyone knows about a new drone rumor please post it here

this is my last post on this topic

No argument.

And they may be known by others, and not you. You're not omniscient.

That was my point, but it "feels" like you don't accept this obvious limitation.

Carry on 👍🏻

Reactions: Torque and Cafguy
Last year when i made a comment about the new mavic to replace my mavic 3 pro, i made the comment that it would be cool for DJI to market the upcoming flagship drone by simply showing a big "4" in their adverts which could stand for "M4 with O4 in 24" and at the time, I completely made that up having never heard it before with no basis so it's not even a rumor. Was hoping DJI would read it. ;)

Last year when i made a comment about the new mavic to replace my mavic 3 pro, i made the comment that it would be cool for DJI to market the upcoming flagship drone by simply showing a big "4" in their adverts which could stand for "M4 with O4 in 24" and at the time, I completely made that up having never heard it before with no basis so it's not even a rumor. Was hoping DJI would read it. ;)

Oh, so YOU'RE TO BLAME!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

if anyone knows about a new drone rumor please post it here

this is my last post on this topic
Heres one! DJI Announces Avata 2.
Dropping My Microphone...BUT Still waiting on the FPV 2 before I go O4. Can't wait for the Avata 2 reviews!

Heres one! DJI Announces Avata 2.
Dropping My Microphone...BUT Still waiting on the FPV 2 before I go O4. Can't wait for the Avata 2 reviews!
The number of Avata 2 reviews on YT are numerous amazing; seems like 3 or 4 dozen people around the world have them already. My favs are Billy Kyle and 51 Drones and Pilot Institute. I so want the Avata 2 today but like you, I feel I have to wait for FPV2 first and just continue to enjoy my Avata 1 in the meantime.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne