DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Format SD Card

tbw

Reactions
Better to format SD Card in my PC running Windows 10 Pro or format in Mavic Mini with DJI Fly app?

Better to format SD Card in my PC running Windows 10 Pro or format in Mavic Mini with DJI Fly app?
This one's always a debate. I believe formatting in the drone makes more sense since the drone is doing the writing of the data and the PC is just reading it. Do some searches you will see people always get cranky about this.

Personally I format from the remote at the start of each session and transfer to PC and the end of the day. I do the same with my camera as well. Format on camera, dump to PC, format at beginning of next session.

It really makes no difference, do what ever is convenient.

I tend to transfer whatever I want from the card to the PC then format while it’s still in the PC.
Like Meta4 says it makes no real difference but I don't forget doing it this way.

Here we go again ... But, I'm one for formating the card using the utility in the device that's recording to it. That way, there is no question about the format being or not being correct.
If you know what format is being used in the Mavic, then you can format the same in your PC or Mac ... End of ...

Reactions: rehkram
It really makes no difference, do what ever is convenient.
I followed everyone’s advice with my microSD card by formatting however way is convenient...sometimes via Go 4 screen in the Mavic or via Windows 10 PC.

However, if I encounter a bad file or one that cannot be opened by Photoshop nor Resolve, I will perform a Full Format in the PC. This process takes longer (few minutes) but it truly deletes all files, scrubs through the sectors, rebuilding file structure like a new card, then scans the card to ensure it’s in satisfactory condition.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada