DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Formatting sd card

I believe if you go to the SC settings before you even enter DJI Go 4 you are formatting the card in the SC. Once you go into DJI Go 4 and you are in the camera view of the drone and you go into the camera settings you are formatting the card inside the drone.

Reactions: GregE
I believe if you go to the SC settings before you even enter DJI Go 4 you are formatting the card in the SC. Once you go into DJI Go 4 and you are in the camera view of the drone and you go into the camera settings you are formatting the card inside the drone.
Thats' a **** smart answer Mini--if it's true, I'm much less confused. If not..well. **** nice try.

@stratocaster .... Try the card w/o reformatting if they are new... I don’t for my M2P. If they are used I just delete the pics and videos. I don’t use an SD card in my SC or CS as I don’t want to transmit all the data for both jpeg + DNG which is how I save images. Movies also are big. I change the 32 or 64GB card every time I land to avoid loss of these if I should lose the drone. I download the files to my computer via a card reader when I get home. FYI, I have never gotten close to half filling an SD card in as many as 4 batteries of constant filming in high def.
Hope this helps.
BTW... Fender fan?

Reactions: pelagic_one
@stratocaster ....
BTW... Fender fan?
A woman stands before a judge accused of beating her musician husband over the head with several of his guitars.

’First time offender?’ the judge asks her.

’No, your honor,’ she tells him. ‘First time was a Gibson. Second time was a Fender.’

@Thomas B You should every once in a while full format your cards, due to the fact there are bits that remain on the card even after unloading all files. After many uses these build up and can clutter your cards performance. Great Fender joke!

@Thomas B You should every once in a while full format your cards, due to the fact there are bits that remain on the card even after unloading all files. After many uses these build up and can clutter your cards performance. Great Fender joke!
If that is true why is it that all the data on the card can be successfully restored after a format operation? I think you will find the data remains after a regular format operation- it is only the file allocation table that is reset.

The real advantage with a format as opposed to file deletion is that it is quicker.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi