DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found a Mavic Mini with lots of footage on it in Boulder Canyon, Colorado in August.

That's nice of you to do that. No registration number on it to trace it to the owner?

Reactions: Rchawks
Since it's a Mavic Mini which doesn't require registration in U.S. as it weighs less than 250g, most probably it doesn't have a registration number because there was no need to register it.
I read in a post somewhere that there are pilots who save a text document in the drone's memory card containing their contact information in case it's lost and somebody finds it, will have a way to get back to the owner. Good to do this to the Minis, since they are not registered, it'll have the owner's contact data in case something happens.
Also, I think the Mini stores a big amount of technical data and large unknown files on the MicroSD card, that could be flight data which may contain somewhere information about the DJI user account, according to the pilot log-in into the DJI Fly app. So it may be possible that DJI or perhaps an IT expert (not to say a sort of "hacker"), has a way to find in those technical files who was the user of that drone, if it's the case that such information is saved deep inside hidden in those mysterious files. Who knows, that may help.

Since it's a Mavic Mini which doesn't require registration in U.S. as it weighs less than 250g, most probably it doesn't have a registration number because there was no need to register it.
I read in a post somewhere that there are pilots who save a text document in the drone's memory card containing their contact information in case it's lost and somebody finds it, will have a way to get back to the owner. Good to do this to the Minis, since they are not registered, it'll have the owner's contact data in case something happens.
Also, I think the Mini stores a big amount of technical data and large unknown files on the MicroSD card, that could be flight data which may contain somewhere information about the DJI user account, according to the pilot log-in into the DJI Fly app. So it may be possible that DJI or perhaps an IT expert (not to say a sort of "hacker"), has a way to find in those technical files who was the user of that drone, if it's the case that such information is saved deep inside hidden in those mysterious files. Who knows, that may help.

there is a serial number on the inside flap where the battery load. Is on a small sticker. If you get the number and write DJI they may be able to help you reunite the owner and his/her baby.

I have the tools to read and decipher all the data on many of the drones, including the Mavic series. I use Axiom Magnet Forensics Detective and Oxygen Forensics Detective. I'd be glad to help out.

When you lift the door to insert the battery the serial number for the drone is on the sticker inside. You may need a magnifying glass to read it. Write to DJI they may contact the purchaser and have them contact you

Tell me what was on it, and where you crashed it and I will get it back to you. I am a rock climber and found this in a place only rock climbers would reach! There was a ton of footage specific to a movie it looks like...... crashed on August 23rd. Message me on here!
Way to go out of your way!
Thank you for your efforts!!!!

Thats really nice that you are proving to be a good neighbor even thou you don't know who lost the drone.
A very good example.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69