DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Mavic Air 2 in Oconee County, SC.

Ramadi

Reactions
A buddy, and his family was hiking in Oconee County, SC., and found a Mavic Air 2. He checked the card, and didn't find any clue as to who the owner was on it. He handed the drone to me to see what i could do to find the owner. I contacted DJI Customer Support and gave them the serial number. He told me that they did have the info on file for the drone, and would send the owner an email. That was 3 months ago. It has a wrecked gimble, but otherwise, appears to be ok. So...what to do now? Should I, or could I, claim this drone as mine. should I fix it, and fly it? I do own a Mini 2 which uses the same controller. Would I be able to register the drone?

A buddy, and his family was hiking in Oconee County, SC., and found a Mavic Air 2. He checked the card, and didn't find any clue as to who the owner was on it. He handed the drone to me to see what i could do to find the owner. I contacted DJI Customer Support and gave them the serial number. He told me that they did have the info on file for the drone, and would send the owner an email. That was 3 months ago. It has a wrecked gimble, but otherwise, appears to be ok. So...what to do now? Should I, or could I, claim this drone as mine. should I fix it, and fly it? I do own a Mini 2 which uses the same controller. Would I be able to register the drone?
It should have a registration ID. Can the FAA help locate the owner?

Had a buddy lose an Air2 a few months ago. Not sure if he was in Upstate SC, but will ask him.

I'd get with DJI again to just check again. They may not have contacted the owner.

That's why having a phone # / etc on the drone helps to get it back easier to the owner.

Reactions: RMS001
the FAA might sue the pilot if they find out he was doing a range test or some other stuff which is not really VLOS, so he'd probably be happier with you keeping it :p
just kidding please return it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR