DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frame Guide available in DJI RC v1.12.8

PhotoDB

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Maybe this has been there a while, but I never noticed it before. A frame guide for various photo ratios. The 3:4 frame would be ideal as I shoot a lot of magazine covers and that's very close to the ratio of an 8.5x11" magazine cover. However, when I select it, (or any of the others) I don't see anything on the screen while I'm shooting stills. Grrrr.

Upon further investigation, it does show up when shooting video - which I rarely shoot. Does anyone have an idea of how to get it to work with stills?

Frame Guide DJI RC.jpg

Maybe this has been there a while, but I never noticed it before. A frame guide for various photo ratios. The 3:4 frame would be ideal as I shoot a lot of magazine covers and that's very close to the ratio of an 8.5x11" magazine cover. However, when I select it, (or any of the others) I don't see anything on the screen while I'm shooting stills. Grrrr.

Upon further investigation, it does show up when shooting video - which I rarely shoot. Does anyone have an idea of how to get it to work with stills?

View attachment 172135
Not only it does not work when shooting stills but the most common ratio 3:2 is missing. Since it does not work for stills it does not matter I suppose.
In GO4 (for Inspire drone ) I could create my own ratio and choose color of the guides.
Many basic features are either missing or botched or half cooked in the FlyApp for the Mavic drones. This is just one of them.
What a shame!!

Last edited:
Reactions: PhotoDB
I
Not only it does not work when shooting stills but the most common ratio 3:2 is missing. Since it does not work for stills it does not matter I suppose.
In GO4 (for Inspire drone ) I could create my own ratio and choose color of the guides.
Many basic features are either missing or botched or half cooked in the FlyApp for the Mavic drones. This is just one of them.
What a shame!!
Unfortunately, it's all about social media formats, not print ratios.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N