DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frustrated with local laws

Reactions
I'm in wantage nj. Right near High Point state park, I'm on the cusp of buying my first drone, (Mav Air). But, I'm so close to great sites to fly, but, looks like according to the NJ laws, I'm not really allowed to fly in them, so, I'm wondering why I would buy it, if I can't fly where I want? I also am going to the Yellowstone area this summer, and want to become efficient at flying for that trip, but, looks like I cant fly there either. Frustrating.... any advice would be appreciated

Reactions: Agent Smith
I'm in wantage nj. Right near High Point state park, I'm on the cusp of buying my first drone, (Mav Air). But, I'm so close to great sites to fly, but, looks like according to the NJ laws, I'm not really allowed to fly in them, so, I'm wondering why I would buy it, if I can't fly where I want? I also am going to the Yellowstone area this summer, and want to become efficient at flying for that trip, but, looks like I cant fly there either. Frustrating.... any advice would be appreciated

My advice? State and national parks, city and county parks are places where lots of people congregate. For safety reasons alone, it's not wise to have a drone buzzing overhead in these areas. Spend a little time scouting out a nice quiet area where you won't be considered a nuisance and attract a lot of attention.

You are absolutely correct. But the law is the law. There are great legal places to fly, but you can't legally fly in every place. If you can't find, or get to some good legal areas, a drone might not be a good investment for you

South Jersey have more places to fly a drone than north Jersey and would say more freedom for drone owners as well. I live in Philly which is a city full of places to fly and literally no restrictions for drones.

$200 fine if your caught in Yellowstone. Almost worth it for good video.

South Jersey have more places to fly a drone than north Jersey and would say more freedom for drone owners as well. I live in Philly which is a city full of places to fly and literally no restrictions for drones.
Hi
I leave in Bucks County and would love to fly in Beautiful Philadelphia can you share some great spot to be able to do so? Thank you

Reactions: macoman
Hi
I leave in Bucks County and would love to fly in Beautiful Philadelphia can you share some great spot to be able to do so? Thank you
Sure check the Penn treaty park, Penns landing, Boathouse Row, Fairmount park, Philadelphia museum of art, etc so many places that you can fly.

Reactions: Gioba59
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk