DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Fun on Lake Travis, Austin, TX

FoxFlight Drone Video

Reactions
Site
foxflight2020.com
Lake Travis is a man-made lake northwest of Austin, TX. From what we could tell from the busy Saturday in early October, it is a great place for boating, fishing, and throwing frisbees to your dogs in the water (yeah, that's in the video!). There are also many spectacular homes built along the hillsides and the coasts surrounding the lake. We were tickled to find the song, "Wicked One" since it is oddly water-themed... but also about having fun and not holding back. That matches the theme of this video.

Filmed with: Mavic 2 Pro
Edited with: Adobe Premiere Pro 2020
Music: "Wicked One" by Velvet Moon (via Adobe Stock License)

nicely done. I like Lake Travis. I got my PADI Advanced Open Water certificate there. No shots of Hippie Hollow?
There are some things you don't want to see in 4K...

Nice video! I liked the fancy transitions (normally I don't) but they worked really well with the music and general feeling of the video. Speaking of the music, great choice, made me think of Fleetwood Mac.

Nice video! I liked the fancy transitions (normally I don't) but they worked really well with the music and general feeling of the video. Speaking of the music, great choice, made me think of Fleetwood Mac.
I've been experimenting with some things beyond straight cuts or crossfades. In my previous one from last week (Stoney Park, Chatsworth, CA), I went a bit nuts because of the type of shots and the type of music. I've also been doing a lot more with speedramps. My Missouri Valley one from 3 weeks ago had a lot of those specifically to get the sweeping nature of the shots without cuts. That one was interesting to get to fit to the music.

This one was a little more chill but there were some times that it felt better to use the slightly more aggressive ones.

As for Fleetwood Mac... yeah, the wife and I instantly said, "OMG, it's Stevie Nicks!"

I've been experimenting with some things beyond straight cuts or crossfades. In my previous one from last week (Stoney Park, Chatsworth, CA), I went a bit nuts because of the type of shots and the type of music. I've also been doing a lot more with speedramps. My Missouri Valley one from 3 weeks ago had a lot of those specifically to get the sweeping nature of the shots without cuts. That one was interesting to get to fit to the music.

This one was a little more chill but there were some times that it felt better to use the slightly more aggressive ones.

As for Fleetwood Mac... yeah, the wife and I instantly said, "OMG, it's Stevie Nicks!"
I see you use Adobe Premiere Pro, and I've been looking at acquiring different software myself, but all I see are monthly subscription plans for Creative Cloud when I go go to their website. Is this the case? You have to commit to a monthly cost to use their software?

I see you use Adobe Premiere Pro, and I've been looking at acquiring different software myself, but all I see are monthly subscription plans for Creative Cloud when I go go to their website. Is this the case? You have to commit to a monthly cost to use their software?
Yes, as far as I know. But the good news is that they are adding updates all the time. And I get the whole CC package because I use PhotoShop, LightRoom, etc. I very much recommend Lightroom for your still shots anyway.

nicely done. I like Lake Travis. I got my PADI Advanced Open Water certificate there. No shots of Hippie Hollow?
LOL. My thought also!
I got my open water certification way back in the day right there off windy point. There used to be a big homage turtle and a sunken boat down there.. ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54