DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Garstang, Lancashire, England - the canal and surrounding area.

Paul Iddon

Reactions
Garstang is a small market town, which grew up where Lancashire’s great north-south main road crosses the Wyre. The town stands on the River Wyre, the Lancaster canal, and the West Coast mainline railway and is 10 miles south of Lancaster and 11 miles north of Preston. The name Garstang may have sprung from the Saxon word “Gaerstung” meaning common land or meadowland. The Doomsday Book describes it as 'Cherestanc'. In 1310 Edward II first granted the Market Charter to the town.

Paul.

Another great video. History was one of my majors in college. Love this type of video!

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Another great video. History was one of my majors in college. Love this type of video!

Much appreciated, thank you for watching.

Paul.

Reactions: GFields
Looks very peaceful. Thanks for sharing. Do those boats generally belong to the people in the houses next to them?

Looks very peaceful. Thanks for sharing. Do those boats generally belong to the people in the houses next to them?

According to a survey by Marine Industry News, 74% of UK Liveaboard boat owners have never owned a home...

Paul.

Very cool engineering having water crossing the @ different levels. Those canal boats look pretty good too. I bet some of them are as nice as any land-based home.

Very cool engineering having water crossing the @ different levels. Those canal boats look pretty good too. I bet some of them are as nice as any land-based home.

Some people do live on them all year round - it must be a wonderfully relaxed lifestyle!

Paul.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Awesome video Paul.. As someone who grew up in Chorley I spent my summers swimming in the Leeds and Liverpool canal back then it was an environmental disaster. I was just in Garstang last year visiting family very pretty area

Awesome video Paul.. As someone who grew up in Chorley I spent my summers swimming in the Leeds and Liverpool canal back then it was an environmental disaster. I was just in Garstang last year visiting family very pretty area

Cheers Pete. Much appreciated.

I suppose you don't have any idea what the large ring in the grass is do you?

Paul.

Nobody seems to know...

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest