DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

General DJI questions about software

Simond101

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi and thank you for welcoming me to this group. I have been a parrot user for the last few years and made the switch over to DJI recently bind a mavic air 2, but I've got some concerns and questions I'm hoping you can help me on. I have done some research on some of these questions but I find a lot of conflicts in the answers so I'll ask you guys. First question is about the software, the fly software. It doesn't look like I can configure the sliders and the software in general without turning the drone on I find that a bit annoying and to be honest not that smart of DJI. You should be able to take your time working on your software settings and configuring things without feeling like you're rushed because the drones on.

Now for the software itself I don't see where you can do waypoints I'm told you need to use an alternative software called litchi but from what I see they are not ready for the mavic air 2 as of yet. Why didn't DJI include it in their fly software, another thing I don't see in their software that parrot had was that you could look at your flight patterns and diagnostics I don't see that in the fly software. Now I may be wrong with some of these assumptions and I would really appreciate if you could clear up some of these concerns.

As far as the drone itself I love it and I've put it through some rigorous testing and it has come through with flying colors it's just at the software honestly sucks and I would expect more from a company that's supposed to be the leader in the industry.

Thank you for allowing me to be a bit long-winded and if there's something I'm not seeing correctly please correct me I would appreciate it. oh and if there is other software out there I can be using please direct me to it

Reactions: hiflyer201
You can replay your flight with Fly. Select My Profile on the main screen, on the lower left click on More which brings up the Flight Control Center. There select a flight.

As for logs, thats stored as files on your device.

How can you upload settings to a drone if it isn’t turned on?
I'm thinking the same way that parrot does it with their drones. You can do all your settings in the software, take your time, make sure everything's right, and then the next time the drums turned on the software automatically sends it to the drone. It's pretty simple I just don't understand why DJI doesn't do it

You can replay your flight with Fly. Select My Profile on the main screen, on the lower left click on More which brings up the Flight Control Center. There select a flight.

As for logs, thats stored as files on your device.
Thank you I'll have to give that a try

I'm thinking the same way that parrot does it with their drones. You can do all your settings in the software, take your time, make sure everything's right, and then the next time the drums turned on the software automatically sends it to the drone. It's pretty simple I just don't understand why DJI doesn't do it

Because the Fly app can be used to fly multiple drones (either several of the same type, or different models like the Mavic Mini), and you might have different settings for each drone. Thus you only can view or change the drone specific settings while a particular drone is connected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98