DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

General Waypoints Questions

bburnett15

Reactions
FWIW- I am using M2P with SC
1) what is the limit of the number of waypoint routes you can save in the task library?
2) is there a way you can remove routes from the task library once you are done with them?

Thank you!

FWIW- I am using M2P with SC
1) what is the limit of the number of waypoint routes you can save in the task library?
2) is there a way you can remove routes from the task library once you are done with them?

Thank you!
When I started working with waypoints with my SC and M2P I found the process “cumbersome “. This led me to explore Litchi with their free mission control. Now I can dry lab the whole mission and fine tune the position of WP and POI and adjust altitudes. The mission can then be tested and viewed in Google Earth - all while having a cup of coffee and the drone is in its case. I don’t believe any of this is possible with Go-4 or Fly. All missions can be flown in any other drone you have with Litichi.

Reactions: bburnett15
When I started working with waypoints with my SC and M2P I found the process “cumbersome “. This led me to explore Litchi with their free mission control. Now I can dry lab the whole mission and fine tune the position of WP and POI and adjust altitudes. The mission can then be tested and viewed in Google Earth - all while having a cup of coffee and the drone is in its case. I don’t believe any of this is possible with Go-4 or Fly. All missions can be flown in any other drone you have with Litichi.
Doug this is awesome, thank you!
now i have to tell you, i purchased Litchi, saved it to my iPad but i dont know how to get it from there to my SC. I dont care if i have to purchase it directly onto my SC (it will be worth it to get it done) does one need to use the “android directions” to load it onto the SC and in that case, use the wire from iPad to SC?
between this, lightroom and my youth softball operating software, my head is about to explode!

Doug this is awesome, thank you!
now i have to tell you, i purchased Litchi, saved it to my iPad but i dont know how to get it from there to my SC. I dont care if i have to purchase it directly onto my SC (it will be worth it to get it done) does one need to use the “android directions” to load it onto the SC and in that case, use the wire from iPad to SC?
between this, lightroom and my youth softball operating software, my head is about to explode!
I'm afraid you will have to buy it again to use on your android SC. Make sure you get it from the amazon appstore then it will be available to you on other android devices you use!
If you buy it from google playstore it won't appear on your SC.

I'm afraid you will have to buy it again to use on your android SC. Make sure you get it from the amazon appstore then it will be available to you on other android devices you use!
If you buy it from google playstore it won't appear on your SC.
Great point-Thank you!!
I assume i should plan on buying it thru the SC browser?

Doug, Can you plan a mission with lichi on a desk top and then upload to your ap on the SC? Can you also view that mission on a desk top as you explain above in google earth?
Thanks
Rchjr

Doug, Can you plan a mission with lichi on a desk top and then upload to your ap on the SC? Can you also view that mission on a desk top as you explain above in google earth?
Thanks
Rchjr
Yes. I have Litchi running in iOS on an IPhone and on the Android based SC. When you log into or start Litchi on the phone or SC AND your device has internet access ( cellular or wifi) the app running in the phone/SC has full access to your stored missions at Litchi. If in the field you modify a mission you can save it to their servers and it is available on your other devices when you start Lutchi. All missions are stored and coordinated on Litchi servers. While this may sound complicated it really all runs and updates in the background using your FREE Litchi account. You only pay for one copy per OS. My Litchi runs on 2 desktop and portables (Mac) and one Android (SC). I have purchased one iOS and one Android license. All missions from all devices are coordinated via Litchi. It all works well. I have no relation to this company or developer- they have earned this recognition.
And yes you can run Mission hub on a desktop and easily (using a Chrome extension) have the mission exported to google Earth and test fly. There is an excellent explaination on how to integrate these two on the Mission Hub user help tab at FkyLitch.com. The mission hub Google Earth linkage seems optimized for the desktop but mission hub runs inside a browser on my iPad Pro.

Doug- thanks for your help! I was able to purchase Litchi using the Amazon app on the SC, I installed (leap of faith) and took a little test flight with it at lunch and it seemed to work! I just need to familiarize myself with the controls and stuff. One thing that i found was that the front and rear sensors worked, but the side ones did not. Good to know going into it.
do you know if we can use the Air2s with Litchi? I know that originally it wasnt compatible but didnt know if using it with the SC is different.
i have much to learn, but looking forward to it!
thanks!

Yes Litchi will work but there is some glitch with the gimbal control. The SDK was released by DJI and it is expected to be addressed soon. It’s very capable and the my M2P gimbal action is beautifully coordinated

Thanks for your help, my only problem with Litchi, and it is probably due to user error, is that once i complete a custom waypoint route, i cannot load it onto my SC. therefore i cannot use It. i cannot fly a virtual route in google earth pro And i cannot fly the route at the actual location.
I have tried saving:
-From the Mac
-From the Mac with the litchi App open on SC
-From the Mac with the litchi App open on SC and the M2P linked

-From the website using the SC browser
-From the website (on SC ) with the litchi App open on SC in background
-From the website (on SC ) with the litchi App open on SC in background and the M2P linked

i got nuthin.

PM me and we can set up a phone call. I’m on west coast time. I have the same set up (Mac and SC) and all integtates just fine. I traveled the road and happy to find what step you maybe overlooking. Doug McConnell

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661