DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GEO ZONE MAP

bushie

Reactions
Downloaded and installed 4.3.0 today

Noticed in the Geo Zone map red areas are shown around many local airstrips.

As per CASA the only times these are restricted is when aircraft operations are taking place. Does the app prevent you flying your UAV at all times in these zones? If so DJI don.t understand CASAs rules

I know you are not allowed to fly your UAV inside the fence but the circles DJI uses are much larger than that

Downloaded and installed 4.3.0 today

Noticed in the Geo Zone map red areas are shown around many local airstrips.

As per CASA the only times these are restricted is when aircraft operations are taking place. Does the app prevent you flying your UAV at all times in these zones? If so DJI don.t understand CASAs rules

I know you are not allowed to fly your UAV inside the fence but the circles DJI uses are much larger than that

CASA recently changed the rules so that it's 5.5ks in any direction around an airport not just at the ends of runways.

CASA recently changed the rules so that it's 5.5ks in any direction around an airport not just at the ends of runways.
When did they do this? It is not what their web site says or CIFT app says. The 5.5k is only controlled airports. Others you can fly outside the boundaries so long as no operations are taking place.

When did they do this? It is not what their web site says or CIFT app says. The 5.5k is only controlled airports. Others you can fly outside the boundaries so long as no operations are taking place.

You're right.
I thought that was what you were talking about when you said no flying over the fence.
With controlled airports it's now 5.5k in any direction.Before you could fly up to the side fences.
I have an uncontrolled one at the end of my street and I'm supposed to ring the tower but there isn't one.
Just an overgrown strip of sand that hasn't been used for years but it still shows up.
I've told CASA about it and sent pics but they haven't changed it.

They probably wont change these designated areas no matter how old or unused until they are no longer owned/classified as use for airports. I remember on 9/11 they had to ground ALL aircraft. It was a logistical nightmare but they put planes wherever they could, even used county airstrips that rarely saw any use!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR