DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Geo zones stuck [solved]

volition

Reactions
Help needed for my mate with his mavic air 2 who cannot fly in his local area as the authorisation process isn’t working as it should.

We are in an authorisation zone. Small regional airport no tower. So legally we have right to fly when clear of air traffic.

So when we tick to confirm in the authorisation pop up in the fly app before takeoff. It opens a 2nd pop up that is totally blank. It does show the loading screen blue line load up the top of the box But nothing displayed.

With my MA2 and iPad from
Memory I entered my phone number and got a code I confirmed the first time I flew in the area.

Mavic air 2/DJI fly app, Logged into the DJI account on app.
iPhone 8

Tried resetting phone have asked mate to do a uninstall/reinstall

Can someone please help. It’s odd as my drone has no worries flying there after confirming authorisation before take off.

I have not had this specific issue, but you may want to uninstall the Fly App and then reinstall it. This sometimes fixes odd issues like this that occur. Also, prior to doing so, it's always a good idea to sync your flight records so that you do not possibly lose them.

I have not had this specific issue, but you may want to uninstall the Fly App and then reinstall it. This sometimes fixes odd issues like this that occur. Also, prior to doing so, it's always a good idea to sync your flight records so that you do not possibly lose them.
Ok cool good thinking re the logs. He suggested a reinstall and I said why not. We tried a few things before that with no luck.

be interesting if anyone else has had this or it’s a rare one, I had no issues when I did it either.

In Blue zone you must apply in DJI.COM site for authorization. Once you receive it by email, you should upload the license to the drone...follow the steps in DJI.com,/Support/Fly Safe/ UNLOCK A ZONE...

Last edited:
I can not fly in blue zone, until license received from DJI not uploaded in the drone. When I upload it, then I can fly in blue zone with 120 meter high limit...

In Blue zone you must apply in DJI.COM site for authorization. Once you receive it by email, you should upload the license to the drone...follow the steps in DJI.com,/Support/Fly Safe/ UNLOCK A ZONE...

That's not the case. You can field unlock blue authorization zones directly from DJI Fly. (as long as your phone/tablet has a data connection)

@volition mate, I guess it's something related to the fly app. The unlock works just fine in app on other phones.
@Peshoa I have no problems to unlock it directly from the fly app with SMS confirmation and then subsequently without.There is no need for the DJI site.

Reactions: volition
@volition mate, I guess it's something related to the fly app. The unlock works just fine in app on other phones.
@Peshoa I have no problems to unlock it directly from the fly app with SMS confirmation and then subsequently without.There is no need for the DJI site.
Cheers mate, yes I agree. Was hoping someone here had same issue and solved it. Guessing it’s not a common problem.

I can not fly in blue zone, until license received from DJI not uploaded in the drone. When I upload it, then I can fly in blue zone with 120 meter high limit...
I understand mate it’s just that the site unlocking is not the only way to unlock zones well were I live it is not. The in app method when it works took me like 1 minute to go through and was super easy.

My mate whilst awesome at flying isn’t super experienced with computers and I was hoping we could avoid the website application method.

thanks mate.

I'm going thru the same issue , and did some research and seen a lot of ppl going thru the same. I really think its on dji side but whatever it is I need the fix bad

as others have said, not so. A Blue zone can be authorised on site (as long as you’ve got internet access on your phone)

Hey everyone. Thanks for your input. But we fixed this issue tonight.

I suggested before he do a install/reiinstall that he log out and then log back in. This seemed to do the trick. Mind you he did log out yesterday and then tried again say 18 hours later.

From there it then asked him for his mobile number sent the code via SMS he entered it and he was given permission to go ahead in the blue zone.

Thanks again.

Reactions: SixOweMatt
I'm going thru the same issue , and did some research and seen a lot of ppl going thru the same. I really think its on dji side but whatever it is I need the fix bad
Hey mate we had some luck logging out and logging back into the fly app. He did re log in like about 18 hours later. But you could log out before you go to bed and try in the morning for example if you don't want to wait too long.

if that doesn't work from the DJI website. would appreciate if you report back how you fare getting your unlock. Thanks in advance.

"You can reach us at [email protected] and expect a reply within 12 hours. Users with geozone or flight restriction-related questions can send e-mails to [email protected].

Reactions: SixOweMatt
Hey mate we had some luck logging out and logging back into the fly app. He did re log in like about 18 hours later. But you could log out before you go to bed and try in the morning for example if you don't want to wait too long.

if that doesn't work from the DJI website. would appreciate if you report back how you fare getting your unlock. Thanks in advance.

"You can reach us at [email protected] and expect a reply within 12 hours. Users with geozone or flight restriction-related questions can send e-mails to [email protected].
hey I just got up and flew mines lol . I tried unlocking it and the white screen popped up to verify my phone number and sent me a text . After I enter the number I was able to fly. hopefully u get the same outcome

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61