DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Get Square Trade warranty when buying M2P batteries?

offtheback

Reactions
I have had 3 battery swellings since my purchase of the M2P in 9-10/2018 area.None were under DJI warranty.One was close.None were over 100 cycles+1 was 80.I just bought a battery from BH New York and they offer Square Warranty 2years-$23 3 years-$30 for replacement postage paid.I took it.What's your opinion?I took 3 year $30.I fly 3 or so times a week.Sounds like a good idea to me .Thoughts?

I have had 3 battery swellings since my purchase of the M2P in 9-10/2018 area.None were under DJI warranty.One was close.None were over 100 cycles+1 was 80.I just bought a battery from BH New York and they offer Square Warranty 2years-$23 3 years-$30 for replacement postage paid.I took it.What's your opinion?I took 3 year $30.I fly 3 or so times a week.Sounds like a good idea to me .Thoughts?
After recently going through the same issue with the M2P batteries I think it is probably worthwhile for that extended warranty.

If you can get DJI to replace the swelled batteries out of warranty, then it would be a waste of money. Otherwise, depending upon the exclusions and the exact terms of the Square Warranty, it might be worth it. They clearly intend to make a profit on selling the policy by avoiding paying claims, so it has to be a waste of money for buyers overall.

If you can get DJI to replace the swelled batteries out of warranty, then it would be a waste of money. Otherwise, depending upon the exclusions and the exact terms of the Square Warranty, it might be worth it. They clearly intend to make a profit on selling the policy by avoiding paying claims, so it has to be a waste of money for buyers overall.
I took the Amazon 3 year for $20.Most of the time Amazon will go above and beyond to back things up even if insurer fails to.

I took the Amazon 3 year for $20.Most of the time Amazon will go above and beyond to back things up even if insurer fails to.
Yes, Amazon takes a lifetime view of the customer into account, and will often make "good will" adjustments where the vendor or insurer refuses to cooperate. Just don't abuse it, as Amazon can also fire you as a customer, when their bean counters say your lifetime value to them is negative!

I was thinking the same since there's often exclusions and limitations for batteries in warranties given by their nature they will degrade and fail over time.

I was thinking the same since there's often exclusions and limitations for batteries in warranties given by their nature they will degrade and fail over time.
DJI in my experience will extend a battery warranty one bit.The failure of batteries manufactured June-August or so is more proof.They have a near monopoly on U.S. sales so why would they bother?

I bought an outdoor projector from amazon several years ago and bought an extended warranty through Square Trade (never needed to use it).
2 or 3 years after I bought the warranty I got a legal notice in the mail that there was a class action lawsuit against Square Trade as they would not honor the warranties that they had sold. They had concealed in the small print that there was "Severe Coverage Limitations"

Read the fine print!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkanoz86