DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting frustrated with blury goggles

Hayabusa

Reactions
I have really bad eye sight. -8.5 in both eyes and now having trouble reading. I have progressives now but can’t not focus clearly on the goggle lens being so close up. The best Method so far is wearing my regular contacts fir distance and putting on pretty strong readers. -+2.5 I think. It’s pretty clear with that. The issue is if I want to flip up goggles to get vlos then I have to then take off glasses and if I then want to see tablet or controller, it’s now blurry.
I can’t be the only old fart with this issue.
I wish the DJI dealers would have all corrective lenses in stock at dealer so a customer could try and get the best possible image. Might help with sales as well.
My dr. Set me up with progressive contacts now but still not as clear as with my regular contacts and readers.
It’s gett really frustrating and almost tomooint if not wanting to use the goggles.
Open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Mike

I have really bad eye sight. -8.5 in both eyes and now having trouble reading. I have progressives now but can’t not focus clearly on the goggle lens being so close up. The best Method so far is wearing my regular contacts fir distance and putting on pretty strong readers. -+2.5 I think. It’s pretty clear with that. The issue is if I want to flip up goggles to get vlos then I have to then take off glasses and if I then want to see tablet or controller, it’s now blurry.
I can’t be the only old fart with this issue.
I wish the DJI dealers would have all corrective lenses in stock at dealer so a customer could try and get the best possible image. Might help with sales as well.
My dr. Set me up with progressive contacts now but still not as clear as with my regular contacts and readers.
It’s gett really frustrating and almost tomooint if not wanting to use the goggles.
Open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Mike
i bought these from ebay, they worked great. obviously, pick the strength that you need.
dji goggles & goggles RE focus fixers +2.50 magnification & 3D Printed frames. | eBay

I have a similar problem , and the best solution I came up with , is to get the clip-on magnifiers that also flip up . Wear them on your glasses to fly goggles , and when you lift the goggles up to see normal , also flip up the magnifiers . The clip-on magnifiers are $12 on fleabay

Thanks guys.
I had s set of 2.75 so I took them apart and taped them in on inside. Looks good when watching the videos on it but haven’t flown yet. If it works. I’ll try a few more various strengths to get it the best and order the printed frames.
Now would I still add to whatever strength I test with or order what I try as best?
I like the clip on idea as well.
Going out today to film the worlds largest ship.
Symphony of the Seas.

Reactions: philbr118
Are these easy to remove? I want to be able to remove so others can view if need be.

I’m using 2.75!readers taped to inside. Would I order that streanght or would I need to order a higher strength?

For what it's worth I have 3.0 mag focus fixer style 3d printed lenses from ebay and I have not needed to remove them from the goggles as everyone who tries them, young and old has no trouble focusing.
I normally need 2.0 glasses for reading but need stronger mag in the goggles.
The type I bought do fit very tightly so I would not want to take them off too frequently. They are worth getting.

Last edited:
Reactions: philbr118
Are these easy to remove? I want to be able to remove so others can view if need be.

I’m using 2.75!readers taped to inside. Would I order that streanght or would I need to order a higher strength?
very easy to remove, they are just a push on fit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103