DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting used to doing it right...

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-
So most of yesterday was just a downright nasty day- lots of rain, lots of wind- a storm front blowing through, so no flying most of the day.
After supper, with still some light left, the clouds broke and the sun was shining a little bit, and the wind laid down to flat calm.
So I took the Mini 2 out to the deck and set it up. I launched the drone and flew around the immediate neighborhood, out to the highway, and back over the woods and over the ponds. Never got more than 1000 feet away.
Had perfect video feed and so perfect control. With the late evening sun, everything looked so nice. Early spring is always a good time, even from 300 feet up.
I flew the drone back, brought her in through the trees and into the clearing of the backyard and deck. I landed the drone no more than three feet from me, and I did so with perfect confidence that the Mini 2 would not turn rogue on me and do something crazy- and painful.
Landed the drone, shut her down, took her in and recharged the battery, and had a good night's sleep.

Flying this little Mini 2 is getting to be more a state of mind than just a hand/eye operation. I like it.

good day to all- Ed

It's wonderful when the muscle memory and subconscious mind kick in a do the translation from your intentions to the flight of the drone. When you don't need to do the translation with conscious control movements but "just do it."

That developed nicely when I was flying airplanes and gliders years ago. There are still moments when I have to consciously think about stick inputs with a drone.

It's wonderful when the muscle memory and subconscious mind kick in a do the translation from your intentions to the flight of the drone. When you don't need to do the translation with conscious control movements but "just do it."

That developed nicely when I was flying airplanes and gliders years ago. There are still moments when I have to consciously think about stick inputs with a drone.
With an FPV, I'd think of that as "being the drone".

:cool:

TCS

Reactions: MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme