DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Damaged?

codydoerfler

Reactions
I crashed the other day and I thought I had only damaged the props, it was a slow speed crash and only a few feet high. Visual inspection showed no damage(other than the props) When I took it out on a test flight its clear that the gimbal is not working. Upon startup, the gimbal moves as expected, but ends up in the wrong place. After startup the gimbal is unresponsive. It flys with no problem. Is this something that anyone has seen before and has a simple fix, or is this a job for Thunderdrones? Picture is attached

Also, other than not crashing, is there anything that protects the gimbal during flight that does not lock it?

Thanks

Cody

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: Former Member
It's probably a problem with your gimbal ribbon cable, but worst case it could be your gimbal motor assembly. Does the gimbal look bent when the power is off and you look straight at it?

It looks okay to me, but to be honest I am not sure I would know if it is bent or not, here is another picture. The Camera is pointing forward because I moved it with and it held.

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
The gimbal motor assembly looks ok. Last thing to try is to turn it on and see if one of the gimbal motors get hotter than the others. Im thinking it's either your pitch or yaw motor thats going to get hotter.

In any case, it's probably your ribbon cable, thats where I would start.

Gimbal picture 2.jpg

I thought I knew how to do an gimbal autocalibration, as I did them on my Phantom 3 Standard, when I tried it with the Mavic, it was almost like the button was disabled

Starts at 3m40s

Make sure your gimbal lock has been removed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I will give all of this a shot, if nothing works I will ship it your way Thunder. Curious, if is is the ribbon cable, does it become dislodged and damaged during a crash?

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916