DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal dial activates RTH?

jstephens62

Reactions
I am a new owner of the Mavic 3 Pro, having upgraded from the Mini 3 Pro that I have flown for a couple of years. With the new drone, when I use the Gimbal Dial to angle the camera down it activates the Return to Home sequence. This does not happen when I use the left Custom Button to point the camera straight down. This is not something that happened with Mini 3 Pro, and I can find nothing in the owner's manual that describes this behavior. Is this a known issue? Any ideas on a fix? Any help would be most welcome.

This is a controller programming issue and not a drone issue. Which remote?

The remote is the DJI RC that came with Mavic 3 Pro. I updated the firmware for both immediately after purchase. I do have the same remote for the Mini 3 Pro, but I have not been able to update that remote's firmware due to a server issue.

The remote is the DJI RC that came with Mavic 3 Pro. I updated the firmware for both immediately after purchase. I do have the same remote for the Mini 3 Pro, but I have not been able to update that remote's firmware due to a server issue.
It sounds like your controller issue. If it was a bug many more people would report it. I would start with the controller reset back to the factory settings then calibrate the dials and sticks. If that does not solve the problem it is probably time to send it to DJI for service.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
While on line chat with DJI they had me calibrate the RC controller, which seemed to solve the problem. I took it out today and the issue recurred. I will contact them to see about returning the controller for repair or replacement.

Reactions: Filmarik

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas