DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal does not work after crash

blaineharr

Reactions
I had a nearly brand new 2s and was using it on the island of Madeira (Portuguese, but off the coast of Morocco). I was sitting looking at the monitor and was flying into some low trees and it crashed. The image on the monitor showed it flipped upside down. When I found the drone, everything looked ok, but the gimbal does not move. I actually flew it and it flew ok, but was not level and the image had to be cropped to level it. The clear cover would not go back on over the lens. It appeared that the piece holding the gimbal was outside and needed to pushed back in. I did that. The cover fit back over it, but then it would not fly properly, as the stabilization was erratic. And the gimbal does not move, either on start up or when you try to move it with the controller.

This seems to be the only problem. This happened about a month ago. I contacted DJI. Had I been home in Colorado (I bought the extra care service) they had sent me a UPS label and the drone could have been quickly replaced. I was unaware that DJI does not have a global warranty and the warranty is only good in the zone you bought it (North America).

I am now in Portugal. I would like to get it fixed. I am not returning to the US for two years. DJI has said that I would need to ship it to Netherlands or Germany. I would have to pay for service and shipping both directions.

It sounds like may be a ribbon cable? As I said video of what the lens sees works and I was able to photograph from the air fine. Any ideas on what to do or who could fix it? I really don't want to have to ship it to another country and have been warned that if returned to Portugal I would face delays in customs and have to pay duties.

As they say... "There's no place like home".
Other parts of the world work by their own rules. Perhaps you can ship it home and have someone send it in. Shipping it back might be a bit of a hassle and you've probably have to have some paperwork showing that you're shipping to the US for repair so there would be no duty on the return trip. International stuff can be a royal pain in the (pick your body part).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada