DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal error

khammer

Reactions
While preparing to take off on only it's second flight I was met with a warning message saying the gimbal was stuck followed by another warning saying the gimbal motor was overheating , I picked up the drone and moved it about and tried again, The drone then flew with further issue , The following day I tried doing a gimbal re calibration, It didn't go any further than 10% then said re calibration failed, so again I picked up the drone and moved it about and after doing this the gimbal re calibration completed OK, so it appears my gimbal is jamming on first use, there is nothing blocking it and it moves freely , I'm waiting for DJI's response but I'm worried this is going to be a recurring issue so would rather get Amazon to replace it, The problem with that is I purchased DJI refresh direct from DJI which can't be swapped to a replacement drone

That Amazon directly changes it to you ... otherwise use the DJI RefreshCare ...
Cardan's problems are often serious ... and expensive if they are not covered by a warranty.

While preparing to take off on only it's second flight I was met with a warning message saying the gimbal was stuck followed by another warning saying the gimbal motor was overheating , I picked up the drone and moved it about and tried again, The drone then flew with further issue , The following day I tried doing a gimbal re calibration, It didn't go any further than 10% then said re calibration failed, so again I picked up the drone and moved it about and after doing this the gimbal re calibration completed OK, so it appears my gimbal is jamming on first use, there is nothing blocking it and it moves freely , I'm waiting for DJI's response but I'm worried this is going to be a recurring issue so would rather get Amazon to replace it, The problem with that is I purchased DJI refresh direct from DJI which can't be swapped to a replacement drone
I saw something on YouTube video about gimbal jammed from new, the guy pulled it forward to release, not sure if this is a shipping issue? I don’t recall which video it was.

I saw something on YouTube video about gimbal jammed from new, the guy pulled it forward to release, not sure if this is a shipping issue? I don’t recall which video it was.
Yes I saw that video prior to getting my MM so after it first happened I did try gently easing it forward, but the next day I had the gimbal re calibration error so I don't think this is where my problem lies.

Something like this...
My gimbal operation and video is smooth when it's flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh