DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal goes crazy

pdxhayes

Reactions
Problem? gimbal goes crazy

Was unit in a crash?
No, the first time it happened was mid flight.

What have you tried so far? Visual inspection, calibration, updates. I attempted to do a hard reset using the assistant app but apparently the drivers aren't compatible with the latest Mac OS.

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using?
DJI Go 4 on current iOS with an iPhone 8S+

Any modification? None

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Yes:

Check the video... It's pretty crazy. I'm willing to install a new gimbal, I just want some feedback if that's likely to fix the problem.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, maybe a magnetic issue?. I have no idea what to think except to return the drone if you can. Ive had a gimbal issue on my brand new mavic zoom where the gimbal would spaz as I would bank mid flight. I ended up returning it. Same exact thing happened to my Mavic 2 pro. As before i just returned it.
Also, seeing that gimbal go crazy made me chuckle pretty hard.

I also seen this on my MP1. Question : In the normal operation are you getting any problems? Must you calibrate the gimbal?

In my case, I had the misfortune to change : Gimbal motor, Gimbal Motor cable (the flat cable), camera cable, AND gimbal control board, in various combinations. NONE of it resulted in my gimbal calibration success. It always gets stuck at a certain percentage, doing a certain same shaking routine, but different from yours (68% iirc).

The good news is mine actually works without needing to perform the calibration.

If you must calibrate my guess is try a different firmware version.

Question : In the normal operation are you getting any problems? Must you calibrate the gimbal?

Yes, it needs to be calibrated. I have been occasionally able to get it calibrated, but then during flight, it will do it's crazy jitter, and then be out of calibration after that. I also get warnings of high gimbal motor draw, and it generates a fair amount of heat in the gimbal arm.

I have ordered a new DJI authentic gimbal, camera and ribbon assembly for $288 from Amazon. It should be here on Monday. If that doesn't fix it, I'll order the Air 2 and ship the old Pro into DJI. It's a bummer I paid the $99 refresh, and never used it, but I didn't have this problem until after the first year.

Yes, it needs to be calibrated. I have been occasionally able to get it calibrated, but then during flight, it will do it's crazy jitter, and then be out of calibration after that. I also get warnings of high gimbal motor draw, and it generates a fair amount of heat in the gimbal arm.

I have ordered a new DJI authentic gimbal, camera and ribbon assembly for $288 from Amazon. It should be here on Monday. If that doesn't fix it, I'll order the Air 2 and ship the old Pro into DJI. It's a bummer I paid the $99 refresh, and never used it, but I didn't have this problem until after the first year.
That is almost a guaranteed fix. Good luck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu