DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal head front.

Saw a good comparisons test between Air3 and Air3 S
Side by side with Lidar the S does present a larger mass at the front
I presume that accounts for the loss of 4-5 mph in level flight carrying extra drag in HSM

I'm still on the fence. I'm going to see what the Mavic 4 has to offer.

Ordered mine.

I hardly use the drone for video. Mostly photography, which is my passion.

If there's an interesting subject and good light, it is amazing how the change of perspective given by the drone's height, even if only by 10 or 20 feet, can "make" a photograph.

The larger sensor size will mean less noise at high ISOs. The LIDAR is a bonus.

MK

Last edited:
Reactions: projectarjun
I'm still on the fence. I'm going to see what the Mavic 4 has to offer.

You're use is mostly stills, and for hire, correct?

Doesn't look like the A3S in 50MP mode is going to beat, even be on par with the 4/3 20MP sensor on the Mavic 3 Pro. While there may be a bit more detail, the demosaicing color errors will be significantly greater, making enlarging a problem.

OTOH, if 12MP will work, the new sensor does have greater dynamic range (14-stops), so if low light is important, it may be an upgrade from the M3P.

Not an easy choice.

You're use is mostly stills, and for hire, correct?

Doesn't look like the A3S in 50MP mode is going to beat, even be on par with the 4/3 20MP sensor on the Mavic 3 Pro. While there may be a bit more detail, the demosaicing color errors will be significantly greater, making enlarging a problem.

OTOH, if 12MP will work, the new sensor does have greater dynamic range (14-stops), so if low light is important, it may be an upgrade from the M3P.

Not an easy choice.
Yes, I primarily shoot stills. In the reviews I've seen, there is not a significant difference in the images from the Air 3 and 3s.

Reactions: projectarjun

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grizzfu