DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Inop since water landing

Mike.757

Reactions
Okay, I am at the most dangerous point in my drone career. I have enough experience that my lion's ego overcame my hummingbird's a$$. I tried to fly my Mavic Pro Platinum under a bridge. Because I was a bit nervous about flying into a bridge abutment, I was going very slow. As soon as the drone was directly under the bridge, the drone quit responding to my control inputs and slowly descended into the water and came to rest on a ledge in about a foot of water. I took enough time to drop my controller, wallet, and phone before I jumped in to get the drone out of the water (freshwater river). I immediately pulled the battery and drove home to dry the drone out. I took the top and bottom covers off, rinsed them with isopropyl alcohol (displace the water and dry faster), then blew the hard to reach spots with compressed air. The drone came back to life except the video on my phone is black (Only the video. The graphics are fine). I replaced the entire gimbal assembly (gimbal, ribbons, computer chip). Same result, The only thing I see on Youtube is to replace the ribbon cable and video cable. New versions came with the gimbal assembly that I bought. Is there another part that I am missing? I did a camera calibration and it seems like the gimbal was seeing the computer screen unless that was the forward sensor that was "seeing" the test patterns. I'm trying to resurrect this awesome friend before giving up and sending it to DJI. Any thoughts/recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Your screen may be blank but does the camera record images on the memory card in the drone?
Does the gimbal tilt respond to the gimbal dial on the controller?
A questionable question if you used to be able to control the gimbal's tilt and yaw via dragging a finger across the screen does that still work?

The gimbal responds to both the thumbwheel and screen touch. I cannot get the camera to take a photo.

You can buy another used camera sensor unit and the cable as well. It costs around 70USD in my country.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31