DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issues - erratic, only during flights

patkszen

Reactions
Crashed my zoom, no direct damage to the camera or gimbal. Since then gmibal started acting up. It's strange as it seems to be happening only during flights. I get gimbal overload error and camera makes random movements. I have calibrated all possible things that can be calibrated to no avail.

it looks like on this mavic air
it's not as bad in my case but you get the idea

I've read that "the ribbon" is often the culprit

Do I need to be careful where I get these ribbons or any on ebay/amazon will do?

thanks to all in advance

Crashed my zoom, no direct damage to the camera or gimbal. Since then gmibal started acting up. It's strange as it seems to be happening only during flights. I get gimbal overload error and camera makes random movements. I have calibrated all possible things that can be calibrated to no avail.

it looks like on this mavic air
it's not as bad in my case but you get the idea

I've read that "the ribbon" is often the culprit

Do I need to be careful where I get these ribbons or any on ebay/amazon will do?

thanks to all in advance
There’s a similar issue on the Mavic Pro that has to do when there is an issue with the SD card. I haven’t heard of it happening with the Mavic 2 but if you crashed maybe something happened with the SD card and I’d try a different one before you go messing with the ribbon cable.

There’s a similar issue on the Mavic Pro that has to do when there is an issue with the SD card. I haven’t heard of it happening with the Mavic 2 but if you crashed maybe something happened with the SD card and I’d try a different one before you go messing with the ribbon cable.

That's a strange one. I was testing mine without SD card in, no changes

has anyone have experience with gimbal ribbons? I'm mostly concerned with their quality

You can try replacing the ribbon/video cable, but its not fun. The Zoom has 1 cable that serves both purposes.

Where to get them from, is eBay/Amazon ok, I assume those ribbons won't be genuine DJI parts.

I can't decide if to send the drone to DJI or just try luck with replacing the ribbon. If it is the ribbon DJI wouldn't charge that much, I guess

What do you think guys

Last edited:
Send it to DJI as it may be a problem with the gimbal Motor, plus you won’t get a genuine ribbon off internet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada