DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Issues/Horrible Customer Service!

AtortPhotography

Reactions
This is the 3rd replacement DJI has sent me and mind you the second one the fan was faulty straight out of the box and have video to prove it. It didn’t even make it past the firmware update. This last one they sent I had 3 paying gigs.....and basically was messing up on each job. Thankfully have a phantom 4 and Mavic Zoom too, but really wanted to fly this for some of it and really made it impossible.

So question is...have u guys had any issues with your MA2’s? And DJI really has the worst customer support ever!!! What are your experiences with their customer service? U have good luck or same crap luck I seem to have with them? They simply suck for that end of their business. They don’t seem to hear their customers concerns and waited over two weeks for a supervisor to get back to me when they said “24-48” hours. It’s like they do whatever the heck they want and say what they want and none of it means a **** thing. So beyond frustrated with DJI. For sure a love/hate relationship.

i actually bought a second MA2 and that one has been great knock on wood. It seems this one I bought back in May just has had a string of bad luck. I asked DJI to simply give me a new Fly More Combo snd they refused....they claimed there was nothing Spring with it yet the gimbal never once levels out correctly and have like 40 screen recordings to prove it. Just extremely frustrating they don’t seem to listen. And was about to drop $12k soon for Inspire 2 and really rethinking that!

What exactly is the problem of this replacement ?
Gimbal issues. I’ll post a video showing. The gimbal literally never stays level and constantly have to manually adjust in air and still only stays level for a tiny bit. Really messed me up on a larger job I was hired for.

No problem with mine but I'm curious as to why you'd use the MA2 over the Phantom 4. I was thinking of upgrading to a Phantom 4 but do you feel the MA2 is good enough for commercial work?
Personally I am better flying my MA2 and the phantom 4 I just don’t enjoy flying as much. I do feel it can work for commercial work I have shot jobs with it. I mean I wish was 10 bit color, etc. and a bit more but it’s a very capable drone. Praying Mavic 3 drops this year and ideally smart controller capability for the Mavic Air 2 already! I just have the worst times with their customer support they are SO full of s$&t with everything they say it seems really disappointing.

Personally I am better flying my MA2 and the phantom 4 I just don’t enjoy flying as much. I do feel it can work for commercial work I have shot jobs with it. I mean I wish was 10 bit color, etc. and a bit more but it’s a very capable drone. Praying Mavic 3 drops this year and ideally smart controller capability for the Mavic Air 2 already! I just have the worst times with their customer support they are SO full of s$&t with everything they say it seems really disappointing.
Thanks for the quick reply. Don't want to hijack your thread. I hope you get your issue fixed.

Well I have nothing but praise for DJI service here in Oz! I have had great service from them and cant praise them highly enough. My issues have all been reception related with lack of range.
When you sent the drone back did you get a new s/n? My have all been an replacement drone with new s/n

Reactions: AtortPhotography
I just have the worst times with their customer support
I have to agree with you there. I had problems with my AIR 1 and after dealing with support I finally got a mailer and sent it in. DJI replaced the drone and controller with a new drone and controller for a very reasonable fee. That was after over 350 flights.
But the new drone/controller had issues. In straight and level flight or hover it would start a very slow yaw to the right. The yaw could be stopped with a short flick of the left stick but the video was affected.. I sent it back to DJI and they finally returned it with the very same issues. I'm not doing this for a living and I've got other drones so I'm just going to live with it I guess. I understand your frustration. I hope you get it worked out.

No surprise here. DJI are renowned for their attitudes towards customer service and customer satisfaction and sadly this is typical of dealing with a Chinese business. The sooner DJI have some real competition from a non Chinese rival the better.

They would destroy the competition if they had good CS. I've seen a ton of folks go to Autel because of it. They're having firmware problems right now but it seems there's a hack now to go back on firmware. When Autel decided to stop selling batteries for my XSP I sold it and bought the MA2 (which I am absolutely LOVING so far). I said I'd never own a DJI because of NFZ's and CS but I'm here now and hope I don't have to deal with either of those problems.

No surprise here. DJI are renowned for their attitudes towards customer service and customer satisfaction and sadly this is typical of dealing with a Chinese business. The sooner DJI have some real competition from a non Chinese rival the better.
I wholeheartedly agree beyond words....they are allowed to get away with way more than should be tolerable.

Reactions: chs
They would destroy the competition if they had good CS. I've seen a ton of folks go to Autel because of it. They're having firmware problems right now but it seems there's a hack now to go back on firmware. When Autel decided to stop selling batteries for my XSP I sold it and bought the MA2 (which I am absolutely LOVING so far). I said I'd never own a DJI because of NFZ's and CS but I'm here now and hope I don't have to deal with either of those problems.
I again agree. If DJI had customer support similar to an Apple Computer or someone that really went above and beyond and was easy to communicate and deal with in a professional manner they would slay it....but they sadly don't at all. I do enjoy their products when they are working and seem to keep spending more money with them, but this last experience of them really just telling me what I want to hear constantly and never actually doing a **** thing really left a mark. I wasted so much energy and was on a stressful job and had this one drone messing up so much and they claim it is "functioning normally" wanting to simply send it back to me not hearing a darn thing I am expressing to them.....just really frustrating and cost me money and aggravation to boot. The supervisor said he would try to compensate and get me a battery or something similar because of my troubles when I suggested they should do something....and I think after all this back and forth they gave me 20% a silly car charger which was only $50. Really it's a joke. I have a $5k plus iMac and have Apple Care for an example....I had 3 displays go bad on me and Apple sent me a brand new $6k iMac replacement and gave me more than I even paid meaning a fully spec'd out one more than I originally purchased just to hook me up and help. DJI would never do this! That is the difference in companies. I think one day they will be shot down if someone steps up to the plate with both a killer product to compete and killer customer support.

• Sad
Reactions: Tufargon
I have to agree with you there. I had problems with my AIR 1 and after dealing with support I finally got a mailer and sent it in. DJI replaced the drone and controller with a new drone and controller for a very reasonable fee. That was after over 350 flights.
But the new drone/controller had issues. In straight and level flight or hover it would start a very slow yaw to the right. The yaw could be stopped with a short flick of the left stick but the video was affected.. I sent it back to DJI and they finally returned it with the very same issues. I'm not doing this for a living and I've got other drones so I'm just going to live with it I guess. I understand your frustration. I hope you get it worked out.
Really DJI should have a professional support side of their company similar to Nikon and Canon with their NPS Nikon Professional Services and CPS Canon Professional Services where they expedite and take the repairs and requests more seriously because they know you are paying your bills with the equipment. I actually bought that DJI Select and what a freaking scam that is! They taut coupons and stuff and literally not one is worth a s#%t. Like flushing $50 down the DJI toilet once again. Pretty over my DJI experience honestly. Already researching other options.

Well I have nothing but praise for DJI service here in Oz! I have had great service from them and cant praise them highly enough. My issues have all been reception related with lack of range.
When you sent the drone back did you get a new s/n? My have all been an replacement drone with new s/n
Good to hear someone is having good experiences! Usually if they swap it out it comes with a new serial number yes. But like with this latest one I sent in I am sure they are going to do nothing like they stated. They claim they simply can't replace something that isn't broken yet I shared a half dozen videos with them clearly showing otherwise. They just don't want to listen to me meaning their customers from what I gather. It's very robotic with them hence Chinese company.

Reactions: Juggler
Cant fault DJI service here in Australia....double plus good

Just have to live with it my a@#e
There is no way on this earth I would back down to them.
What about your consumer rights

Reactions: hiflyer201
There is no way on this earth I would back down to them.
What about your consumer rights
Mel, you're right..but I've put so many flights on it trying to fix it with calibration etc..and even thinking that I was being overly critical because my Air 2 is so much better..but it is still a phenomenal drone in it's own right and it should be made to fly correctly all the time instead of these occasional ..professional looking pans while hovering

Reactions: Mel 08
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3