DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Level Issue

klawler9

Reactions
RemoteMediaFile_6554242_0_2021_01_30_08_49_58.jpgOne Month old DJI Mini 2. I love this thing but last week for no reason (never crashed) I began to have trouble with the Gimbal. I noticed it was off level at altitude. I can spin it around in the air and find a single spot where it is level with the horizon but when I come back away from that spot it tilts until it looks like the photo attached. For the life of me I can't figure it out. I've tried multiple gimbal resets both auto and manual tried to bump it back but it will not rectify. It's level at ground btw and gets much worse as I gain altitude. I notice when I push right joystick to fly sideways right it goes level but when I let go it comes back to this angle. Below is. photo of the gimbal with exposed wires inside the area that I presume controls the horizontal tilt. Is this normal? IMG_0878.jpeg

I understand that the rubber dampers can get hooked in the wrong position.
Are all your dampers clear and in the correct orientation.
I do not have a mini but I think there are four of them.
You can see the back of one by your finger in the photo.
1612275749177.png

see this video at about 9:00

Last edited:
I understand that the rubber dampers can get hooked in the wrong position.
Are all your dampers clear and in the correct orientation.
I do not have a mini but I think there are four of them.
You can see the back of one by your finger in the photo.
View attachment 122980

see this video at about 9:00
I will check that. Hard to tell the two that are hidden inside though. Thanks.

Had exactly the same problem after I crashed the drone 2 days ago and the gimbal popped out from the two visible rubber dampers.

I placed them back but one of them was twisted and wrongly positioned.

I took the drone out for some flights today and I noticed the horizon out of level.

Additionally to that, the gimbal would make a strong buzzing noise when I was holding the drone nose up (for compas calibration).

I removed the dampers once more, they are very easy to remove with a small flathead screwdriver, I studied their position very carefully and placed them back corectly.

Problem solved. The gimbal is now leveled horizontally and the buzzing noise is gone.

I will check that. Hard to tell the two that are hidden inside though. Thanks.
Hi, did this help?

I have absolutely the same issue that klawler9 mentioned in the first post but two dampers look fine. And other two that are inside are not so easy to access and check...

Attachments

• 6CFFD8F3-EA66-48E5-8E9E-69EB28A1C52F.jpeg
    6CFFD8F3-EA66-48E5-8E9E-69EB28A1C52F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
When you calibrate the gimbal manualy will it be out of level during the same flight?

When my rubber dumpers were not installed correctly, I would start the flight with a perfectly levelled gimbal and then lose the horizon level during the flight.

By the way, the Fly app will let you calibrate manually the gimbal mid-flight.

Yes, I managed to calibrate manually during the flight but it’s still out of level if I rotate the drone. And it’s in perfect level on the ground with auto calibration...

I I read on another forum topic that some people had similar issue in flight on lower temperatures. And it was between 0 and 3 Celsius when it happened to me.

You will have to open the drone. You will also lose the Dji care if you do that.

You can send it back for warranty but if it was crashed you get a new one but you lose one replacement.

Reactions: nklilic
I tried to blow out possible dust from inside area and to gently “stretch” two inside rubber dumpers, did all calibration again and now all in level. But also outside temperature is higher today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000